City wide fire after SHTF.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGreen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
For my Room with all my gear, I was considering running pipe from the Sprinkler system. I would then place several spray heads in there. On a sprinkler system(which could be hooked up to a well rather than city water), you can use remote valves that do not run off the main controller and instead run off a battery, which will easily last for a year or more. So basically you could make fire sprinklers throughout your house. Personally I am only planning on making them in my room with gear. This is more a plan to keep my gear safe from fire rather than my house. We all know how much time and money can go into preparing, losing it in a fire would be more than a setback. And yes I know this sounds a little ridiculous LOL

skycitadel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
And yes I know this sounds a little ridiculous LOL
Being prepared is only ridiculous to those that have never had anything bad happen to them. I dont know the statistics but home fires seem pretty common on the news.

Another question in my scenario if anyone knows the answer...... When you have two homes close together (around 8-10 feet) and say I used the barricade gel spray on my house to protect from embers. Would the heat radiating from the neighbors home radiate over to my house and be enough to combust on my cedar lap siding?

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The answer is you don't. I read a pretty decent book last summer, one of Joe Nobody's called Holding Their Own, this was the first of the trilogy. The book takes place in Houston TX, after an economic collapse the infrastructure breaks down slowly, city water being one of those after the power grid failed. Once the fires got started, for what ever reason, the city just burned. It's a pretty good book, if you like this kind of reading. I like them because they open up your mind to possibilities one might not have considered before.

Now for a true story, I have a friend that has a lake home in the Lake Tahoe area. Several years ago there were forest fires that swept through that region. City ordinances prohibit a home owner from disturbing anything 'natural'. This means you can't even rake up the pine needles that fall on your property around your house. Talk about a bunch of tree huggers! The story I was told that one homeowner in a threatened neighborhood disobeyed the ordinance and raked his yard out 100' in all directions from the house. When the fires came, his house was the only one left standing. That is what defied logic with these liberal tree huggers. Think of all the trees that were burned, think of all the trees that will be harvested to rebuild those homes that were burnt down. There is no logic with these people, only passion. Their passion will likely destroy this country.

ugh I hear you, I was visiting family in the pacific NW and there are quite a few greeners up there that do not mow their lawns, at all, ever.... because its "hurts the grasses feelings" or some **** like that. anyway when I was there a city bus plowed right over a motorcyclist and killed him because the greeners lawn was so tall the stop sign in the neighborhood couldn't be seen. It happened very close to my families house. I was so mad about it. All I could think was If I was that dudes family there would be no stopping me from performing a late night session with extra strength round up on that entire yard.

Latest posts

Top Bottom