CMP Sale of M855/M856 5.56 ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The CMP is having a sale of military linked 5.56 ammo in a SAW M27 magazine, each holding 200 rounds in series of 4 M855 62-grain "penetrator" and 1 M856 tracer. $79 each shipped if you're a CMP member. I doubt they'll sell out very quickly, but thought I'd mention it for my fellow CMP'ers.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I was wrong once again. The CMP sold out of this ammo earlier this morning. They had about 1,000 200-round drums for sale - poof, all gone.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got only one before they were gone. Strangely, it wouldn't have been that good of a deal 6 months ago ($0.39/round delivered), but given the election hysteria it is now.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I was wrong once again. The CMP sold out of this ammo earlier this morning. They had about 1,000 200-round drums for sale - poof, all gone.

After watching and participating in CMP sales for years...I'm convinced they could put up M-1 Garand beanie babies and they would sell out in 15 minutes. I love the CMP, but there is a class of CMP fan-boys that will kill their mothers for a chance to buy anything and everything that is put up for sale.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After watching and participating in CMP sales for years...I'm convinced they could put up M-1 Garand beanie babies and they would sell out in 15 minutes. I love the CMP, but there is a class of CMP fan-boys that will kill their mothers for a chance to buy anything and everything that is put up for sale.

No kidding. I shudder to think what the upcoming IHC sale will be like, if the CMP follows historical precedent and prices these at a bit below the market rate. Even if they're mixmasters, they'll probably sell like crazy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom