CNN Acosta assaults White House Staff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Particularly when it's actually battery, not assault.

Came here to say that but I'm late to the thread. IMO, you have to treat Acosta the same as they expect us to treat them. Corey Lewandowski was arrested for and charged with simple battery, after he grabbed reporter Michelle Fields by the forearm and pulled her away from Trump at an event in March 2016. After reviewing the case, the prosecutors dropped that charge based on insufficient evidence to prove all elements of the crime.

If we're to have a proportional response in regards to Acosta and what he did, I don't even think he should be arrested or charged. However, he should be barred from WH grounds, at least until he makes both public and private apologies to the young lady. If it were me, I'd simply tell him that these were the conditions he has to meet in order to have his WH press pass restored. Even if he met those conditions, I'd warn him that his shenanigans would no longer be tolerated. Respectfully ask your question, respectfully ask for a follow up if you're unclear on the answer, then say thank you and pass the mic. Any more abuse of the rules and conditions will result in permanent revocation.

He's been grandstanding and acting like it's HIS personal press conference for far too long. If he can't act like an adult and comport himself with the decorum that should be standard practice in the WH, then he has no business being in there.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sidebar Humor/Joke from another forum:
An elderly, but hardy, cattleman from Texas once told a young female neighbor that if she wanted to live a long life, the secret was to sprinkle a pinch of gunpowder on her oatmeal each morning. She did this religiously and lived to the ripe old age of 103. She left behind 11 children, 30 grandchildren, 41 great-grandchildren, five great-great-grandchildren..... and a 40-foot hole where the crematorium used to be.
Q: Why don't they cremate Irishmen?
A: They did once, and it took two weeks to put out the flames.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If we're to have a proportional response in regards to Acosta and what he did, I don't even think he should be arrested or charged. However, he should be barred from WH grounds, at least until he makes both public and private apologies to the young lady. If it were me, I'd simply tell him that these were the conditions he has to meet in order to have his WH press pass restored. Even if he met those conditions, I'd warn him that his shenanigans would no longer be tolerated. Respectfully ask your question, respectfully ask for a follow up if you're unclear on the answer, then say thank you and pass the mic. Any more abuse of the rules and conditions will result in permanent revocation.

He's been grandstanding and acting like it's HIS personal press conference for far too long. If he can't act like an adult and comport himself with the decorum that should be standard practice in the WH, then he has no business being in there.

I agree. If I read it right, Acosta even referred to being barred from his "hit." Sounds like he felt his mission in life was to "hit" on whomever conducted the press briefings, regardless of the subject of the briefings. I don't know if the White House allows multiple correspondents from the same news agency to be in the room at the same time, but if so, then they really can't say that XXX network or agency is denied access.

Personally, I think his whole thing is a ego trip and he thinks he is the "golden child."

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree. If I read it right, Acosta even referred to being barred from his "hit." Sounds like he felt his mission in life was to "hit" on whomever conducted the press briefings, regardless of the subject of the briefings. I don't know if the White House allows multiple correspondents from the same news agency to be in the room at the same time, but if so, then they really can't say that XXX network or agency is denied access.

Personally, I think his whole thing is a ego trip and he thinks he is the "golden child."

LOL, "golden child"? He thinks he's The Chosen One!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Came here to say that but I'm late to the thread. IMO, you have to treat Acosta the same as they expect us to treat them. Corey Lewandowski was arrested for and charged with simple battery, after he grabbed reporter Michelle Fields by the forearm and pulled her away from Trump at an event in March 2016. After reviewing the case, the prosecutors dropped that charge based on insufficient evidence to prove all elements of the crime.

A journalist is supposed to report the story, not be a part of the story. Acosta hasn't recognized that difference, or he has and it's his 15 minutes of fame.
He is a hero to CNN now. Got their ratings up one point.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Well put. You conveyed that how I would like to have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom