Coburn vs. Sotomayor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She is lying and it's sickening to watch. A bunch of our elected "leaders" drooling all over her and leading her along with their "guiding questions". Dr. No and Sessions did try to hammer her. But the dems are just pathetic. She says one thing and her history says quite the opposite. :puke:

At least she doesn't have the correct experience in her background to have one of these moments, so we don't have to worry about something like this happening:

Click here for awesomeness

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She is lying and it's sickening to watch. A bunch of our elected "leaders" drooling all over her and leading her along with their "guiding questions". Dr. No and Sessions did try to hammer her. But the dems are just pathetic. She says one thing and her history says quite the opposite. :puke:

At least she doesn't have the correct experience in her background to have one of these moments, so we don't have to worry about something like this happening:

Click here for awesomeness

Clarence is the man! Sometimes I feel bad for him though. I've been to a few predominantly black political forums, mostly during the last election. When Thomas expressed the slightest interest in reviewing a case regarding the birth certificate issue, it was common for them to refer to him as "Uncle Tom" and "House N****r". Kind of made me sad how racial politics played such a huge role in the last election.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Clarence is the man! Sometimes I feel bad for him though. I've been to a few predominantly black political forums, mostly during the last election. When Thomas expressed the slightest interest in reviewing a case regarding the birth certificate issue, it was common for them to refer to him as "Uncle Tom" and "House N****r". Kind of made me sad how racial politics played such a huge role in the last election.

They (libs a/k/a democrats) have always acted like that towards him because they are downright scared of him. He is one smart cookie, the genuine article and they know it but won't admit it. It's not a race issue at all but they make it look like one. Ditto with Sara Palin and anyone else they consider a legitimate threat to their agenda.

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They (libs a/k/a democrats) have always acted like that towards him because they are downright scared of him. He is one smart cookie, the genuine article and they know it but won't admit it. It's not a race issue at all but they make it look like one. Ditto with Sara Palin and anyone else they consider a legitimate threat to their agenda.

I'll have to respectfully disagree about Palin, but other than that, you're right. Thomas is an amazing justice, and I think one of his best examples of true conservative credentials was in his dissent on Gonzalez v. Raiche. As for the liberals, it seems when they can't win an argument intellectually, they readily stoop to slander and ad hominem. It really is pathetic. Maybe this is to make up for an inability to use appeals to religion (which, as far as government is concerned, are no better in my book) that would sit well with the majority of their base?

TunnelRat

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Is there a Constitutional right to self defense?"

Yep.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people." - 9th Amendment

"We the people of the United States.......provide for the common defense......"

Among the unalienable rights are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

omegis13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"Is there a Constitutional right to self defense?"

Yep.

"The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people." - 9th Amendment

"We the people of the United States.......provide for the common defense......"

Among the unalienable rights are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I don't think a whole lot legal scholars consider the preamble to be of relevance to interpretation of the Constitution for some reason or another, which is really sad and pretty $%^&ed up, seeing as it very plainly explains the exact purpose of the rest of the document and the frame of mind it should be understood from.

striker754

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coburn voted for TARP. Inhofe didn't.

Coburn voted yes for using taxpayer dollars to back big banks who took incredible risk that would have forced them into bankruptcy. Unexcusable.

Yojinbo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coburn voted for TARP. Inhofe didn't.

Coburn voted yes for using taxpayer dollars to back big banks who took incredible risk that would have forced them into bankruptcy. Unexcusable.

Feel free not to excuse Dr. Coburn. Coburn is not perfect and doesn't claim to be. But Oklahoma has not had a better friend in Washington by my observation.

Devon

Latest posts

Top Bottom