CoD: Black Ops "There's A Soldier In All Of Us"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK, guess i will post my "review", couple of things... I am not a Huge COD fan, (only played MW2 until i leveled up to around 26) I have been in the MP beta for over a month. Here are my quick thoughts on MP (never played SP)

- so far i feel like a big step up over MW2 and i was going in with a negative attitude... basically it doesn't really reinvent the wheel, but it does take care of alot of the issues i had with MW2
-killstreaks don't count towards other killstreaks, this is a bigger deal then you originally think, i played numerous games and only ONCE did someone get to the dogs killstreak.
-killstreaks have been toned down heavily, the helicopters don't "cover" the whole map and you can hide in a building and not get killed. The naplam only covers a small area, the "predator" you shoot from your shoulder and is tough to kill anyone. This i thought was a big plus, it is no longer the team that gets a couple of killstreaks is going to dominate the map..
-you unlock everything with "credits" (and i do mean everything, perks, killstreaks, guns,etc..) but they are not all "unlocked" to buy from the beginning, it is still unlocked at certain ranks, then you can choose to buy it..
-contacts are very interesting, you can purchase them, but you have to complete them in a certain amount of time or you get nothing... IE, for 25 credits you can "buy" Kill 5 people without dying in a match", you get 150 credits if you complete it, but you only have 1.5 hours to complete it and if you don't you get nothing....
-only got to play a couple of maps, but i really liked them, they are not "vertical" and there are not really perfect "camping" areas. the only thing i didn't like is that there are other things going on in the map (like in one map a space shuttle takes off and when it does it beeps really loud and then the whole screen shakes while it takes off)
- the extreme lunging on melee "seemed" to not be there
- while running if you hit B you will "lunge" into prone position, didn't really use it or see it used much
- they move the spawn around VERY WELL, you can't really spawn camp..

sorry it is not more in depth.. i am more of a casual player, hopes this helps... but overall i was very impressed....

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go figure! Preordered my copy a few months ago, and now the time come's for it to be released, I'm freakin broke! Don't get paid till Friday!:bah:

Latest posts

Top Bottom