Colorado wildlife officials release 5 Oregon wolves in Grand County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meh, biased article. She tells everyone these are proven killers. When the truth of the matter is that wildlife officials will generally kill the offending wolf to prevent the pack from doing it again. So, it's highly unlikely any of the ones released were directly responsible for the kills.

And if the cattle industry is that afraid of wolves depleting the beef stocks, maybe they should consider raising cattle in houses like just about every other livestock. But we know it isn't about the cattle. They get paid by the state for the ones killed. It's just about being another NIMBY when all that is reported on is fear.
Maybe in other states, but the libs in CO are in a constant state of "hold my beer" when it comes to being liberal. They are in a constant contest to "out liberal" commiefornia. I seriously doubt they will allow their agencies to deal with any rogue wolves at all, they'll just throw money at ranchers so they can say they did something.

If the ranchers, hunters, or anyone else want something done, they are going to have to do it themselves.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wolves are cool. They balance the eco system out. Some states they are legal to hunt if you draw a tag.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hunters in Wyoming have been killing them on sight for years. A buddy of mine that I visited a while back said they have not seen one but have seen the tracks in the Snowy Range of mountains that border Co.
The three SSS's apply.
Shoot, shovel and shut up. Life goes on and the wolf disappears. Any collar goes on a lot lizard in a semi at a truck stop.
Add some real fun to the process

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_9314.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Northwest of Colorado Springs is the Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center where they keep some wolves in captivity. While we were in Colorado for that 20 months, I kind of wanted to go up there and get some pictures of them, but I read on their website that one couldn't use a camera with a lens that was more powerful than a certain millimeter length. (I just checked and they have since loosened that requirement. Now one can have a lens capable of up to 200mm. Back then, it was something less than 100mm, if I remember right.)

Colorado Wolf and Wildlife Center

Latest posts

Top Bottom