Colorados new gun restrictions reap consequences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Gun laws cause Moffat County outfitters concern for future

Hunting might not see a large downturn in 2013, but other gun events have been affected. The International Defensive Pistol Association regional shooting championship in Montrose and the Ruger Rimfire Challenge World Championship were canceled as a result of the new gun laws. Both were scheduled in July, just after the legislation will take effect.

Hat's off to Ruger for canceling this event!

Now, if they'd just get their corporate HQ the hell out of Connecticut and into a 2A friendly state.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't think for a moment that that the anti gun folks driving Colorado's gun laws aren't anti hunting also. They all want to hole up in their million dollar cabins, smoke some rightious weed and get back to nature man without having to worry about all the redneck hunters running around the mountains. Then when they come back to reality, they hop on their G4 and fly back to LA or where ever. The don't give a ratz a$$ about the outfitters who have been in the state their whole lives and the damage they are causing to them or the animals.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did my share. After many years of fond memories when I lived there (1970s), and almost yearly returns for hunting, fishing and vacations I am finished with Colorado. I just cancelled this summers reservations for RV camping on the Conejos River. I let the owner of the campground, the state Tourism Department and the Governor's office know why.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They will learn with time the same thing other areas with strict gun laws have learned, disarm honest people & criminals will take advantage. Watch for Colorado's crime to increase.

Look for any criminal who is shot to either hire an attorney or his/her family hire an attorney to make sure that the gun owner was using a legal firearm, and if the shooting was warranted.

In a state such as Oklahoma, the law would be leaning towards the victim as a rule, but in Colorado they're already painted gun pwners as just short of being a domestic terrorist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom