Colt 6920 LE Trade-In Rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewosu91

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if there is any truth to the CR serial number Colts that are newer not being the same quality as the prior versions. Hard to believe what you read online.

Either way, $630 for a complete AR15 is hard to beat these days unless the barrel has a ton of rounds on it. Nice find

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I know some folks think the Colt 6920 is all that and a bag of chips, but personally, I’d be itching to replace the barrel with a mid-length gas example, replace the delta HG with a free float unit, replace the trigger with a quality DIT, and the grip and buttstock and… ;)

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I wonder if there is any truth to the CR serial number Colts that are newer not being the same quality as the prior versions. Hard to believe what you read online.

Either way, $630 for a complete AR15 is hard to beat these days unless the barrel has a ton of rounds on it. Nice find

Colt no longer makes all their parts for their ARs in-house. The newer rifles might have contract barrels or other parts. And, there are some other minor differences from the pre 2013 rifles. Still very good guns, especially at that price.

It's pretty hard to beat a mid to late 2000s LE6920 for the money.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
I know some folks think the Colt 6920 is all that and a bag of chips, but personally, I’d be itching to replace the barrel with a mid-length gas example, replace the delta HG with a free float unit, replace the trigger with a quality DIT, and the grip and buttstock and… ;)

I'm an unashamed Colt fan-boy. I have a "few" Colt ARs but with the exception of a new model A4 rifle mine are all pre 2010...one as old as the mid 70s.

I couldn't even begin to guess how many Colt ARs I've owned or how many rounds I've put thru them over the last 35 years. I've had exactly 1 problem...a trigger pin that walked out of my duty rifle during a Thunder Ranch Urban Rifle Instructor Course. 2 min fix and I was back in business. Aside from maybe a MagPul stock or grip and a different handguard, mine have all been stock.

Latest posts

Top Bottom