Colt 6920

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They had one that was a survivalist? I don't think I am using the right word. It had the FDE buttstock and grip. It was $1600+. It had some nice looking flip up sights.

The two others had different prices and that is the only thing that makes me think they were different.

I didn't look at the lower priced ones very close. Didn't look real close at the nicer one. A friend walked up then and I quit looking and started talking.

Yeah , I just kind of wander through , myself.

Just wondering on the kinda exteme ranges on price... 8)

Heck ...Rijas May be the way to go, at least they tell a good story... ;)

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to my Colt representative there is a difference. I asked if there was a serial number or something I could use to reference, and he said no. I also asked how would I know if it was a Walmart Colt, his only response was you will know. Take that for what it is worth. That is all the information I have. So I can not give you any more.

My DPMS representative gave me the exact same information about DPMS. Take that for what it is worth.

I do not know any reason that they would have for giving me the exact same information about 2 different brands that are far different in price and quality.

That verbal information given to me, is what I have to go on. Maybe someone else knows even more about this than I do, please enlighten me more please.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was back in the Weatherford Walmart today. Only one was left. It was a LE6920HAWK Blackhawk Survival. They had a windham, a bushmaster and maybe another. The other two Colts were gone. Merry Christmas for some one.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would that be a better/more desirable model?

They are essentially the same gun with a few notable exceptions. The socom has a heavier profile barrel and a knights or troy drop in quad rail and matech buis and m4 stock. Lately the 6920 is being shipped with magpul buis. before they came with the removable carry handle. The magpul editions have magpul furniture and magpul buis.
There is no difference between a similarly equipped 6920 and m4 carbine models with 16 barrels except for the roll mark. So if you are into the roll mark thing there is that. Also the 6920 came it sporter and LE designation. Once again this only affects the type of roll mark except in some cases were the LE serial numbered guns also had a "restricted blah blah law enforcement blah blah" engraving on the right side of the mag well.

If there is a difference between a 6920 or socom bought from wal mart or another retailer i have not been able to find it.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are several different variants of the 6920. I know that none of the Walmart 6920's (Magpul, SOCOM or "regular") doesn't come with the carrying handle. They also changed the stocks and don't have the rogers super-stok on the standard ones anymore. The SOCOM edition has the heavier barrel without the 203 cuts.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are several different variants of the 6920. I know that none of the Walmart 6920's (Magpul, SOCOM or "regular") doesn't come with the carrying handle. They also changed the stocks and don't have the rogers super-stok on the standard ones anymore. The SOCOM edition has the heavier barrel without the 203 cuts.

So the difference in price is because they took the carry handle off.

Whats a carry handle cost... $100?
Are they interchangable between models, makers?

Latest posts

Top Bottom