Colt has jumped the shark.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Colt has decided the reason their products are not selling must be the price. They have knocked another 10% off at the wholesale level. Normally I would be excited to see this but with the enactment of Colt's crazy stocking dealer requirements it makes no difference to me. Colt has pushed thier products out of the small dealers hands. This along with the drop in gun sales market wide probably spells the end for the current manifestation of Colt firearms.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Colt has decided the reason their products are not selling must be the price. They have knocked another 10% off at the wholesale level. Normally I would be excited to see this but with the enactment of Colt's crazy stocking dealer requirements it makes no difference to me. Colt has pushed thier products out of the small dealers hands. This along with the drop in gun sales market wide probably spells the end for the current manifestation of Colt firearms.
What do they require? I heard 20k a quarter worth of guns. So that is like 15-20 guns. Crazy...

I Hear beretta is becoming the same way. My local guy was talking about how he was dropping stoger because they were requiring too much of his inventory.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to stock 5 handguns and one rifle. Two of the hand guns must be colt competition models. Must stock the Colt Cobra revolver also. I want no part of their wheel gun or the competition models. I used to sell the xse models and the lite weight commanders now and then

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sell the Springfield Armory line of 1911's now mostly. The Lite-weight Champion operator and the TRP Operator are the two I usually try to have. But even their stocking dealer program has too many polymer guns on it for my taste

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paraphrasing here. "Hey look. They checkered the inside of the slide... oh, wait. Those are tool marks like it was made by a small child in Pakistan." Pricing, quality control, ridiculous stocking requirements and poor manufacturing decisions are a few reasons why Colt is in shambles.

Okie1907

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have to stock 5 handguns and one rifle. Two of the hand guns must be colt competition models. Must stock the Colt Cobra revolver also. I want no part of their wheel gun or the competition models. I used to sell the xse models and the lite weight commanders now and then
I would think the revolver would be the most popular thing of those guns you mentioned. Everyone is AR Heavy so who cares, Comp models well thats obvious only a few people are going to buy them. I would think normal 1911s in 45, maybe a Delta and then the new Cobra would be their best sellers if you can say that about colt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom