Colt PT.FA .32 cal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yanksdad3

Marksman
Reaction score
Anyone know approx. when this was made with a serial number of 4XX,XXX?

My boss's father in law acquired this in a trade like 40 years ago, and asked me to clean it up. It is probably 70% now. I know nothing about this pistol but I told him I would clean it up for him.

I did a brief internet search. Anybody out there have any experience with these pistols?

yanksdad3

Marksman
Reaction score
After an hour of internet search (thank you Mr. Al Gore) I found this pistol is a .32 Cal 1903 Hammerless made in 1924, and it is nickle plated. To my surprise, it is a pretty simple pistol to field dress.

Now that it is cleaned up, she has got to be mine. Another hour of watching Youtube shows me that this 86 year old gun in a .32 cal is one hell of a shooter.

But alas, my boss's father in law does not want to sell it.

I will keep trying.......

Anybody have experience with this gun?

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody have experience with this gun?

Sigh. Leighton should be along anytime to tell you about the PAIR of them he has now that he just traded for another '03. :bowdown:

A friend of mine (not really a gun guy) inherited one a few years ago and hounded me to take him out shooting. He wanted to run that old 32 so we took it out about a month ago. In a nutshell, they are a tank. It's a John Browning design and solid as a rock. I have a bit of 03 envy and will have one someday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom