Coming back to Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well you are special in coming to Oklahoma! What you need to do is a cross-service transfer to the Air Force. They need people like you!

Buddy of mine that had 14 years in the Navy and stationed at tinker got his RIFF walking papers last year. He did the transfer to the Air Force Reserve unit so he could finish out his 20 and get retirement. Drills in Wichita Ks, but he's going to get the retirement.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
been, there may be a problem. I don't think there are any naval vessels anywhere in that part of the state, unless you count the rowing shells on the Oklahoma River.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
been, there may be a problem. I don't think there are any naval vessels anywhere in that part of the state, unless you count the rowing shells on the Oklahoma River.

That's not true! I just went to the USS Batfish not long ago; he would do well there, LOL. I've been gone a long time myself and last time I was here, the big discussion was where is Been, and I too wondered. I'm glad to know he is doing well and on the way back. Come home Been, before you go someplace better. I would be a little upset myself. I always said if I could join a Service, it would be the Navy so I would be stationed on a beach somewhere, lol. I just got back from Norfork/Virginia Beach, and I'm ready to move now, lol

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just being funny. The Batfish is now a Museum in Muskogee. It is very interesting to go inside of and wander around. They have some other WWII stuff that is very interesting to look at. Definitely worth taking a little drive to look at. Here is a link to the Museum: http://www.ussbatfish.com/

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have relatives in Ft Gibson. Might stop by there someday. Of course, I'd have to look at it from the outside. Pretty sure I couldn't get down the hatch.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have some cool memorabilia to look at inside the entrance building and there are anti-aircraft machine guns and such to look at outside. I can't remember if they had handicap access to the sub or not, like a lift or something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom