Search And Rescue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been involved in SAR since like 1980. There is no SAR in Comanche County. I recently contacted the OK group about how to go about creating a team. I know some of us are not physically able to be what we call a ground pounder, but we for the most part have some kind of skill that would be helpful. For example, I already nominated my wife to be the commo person. This will be a work in progress. So I'm looking for people in the Comanche area. Strictly volunteer, probably 1 meeting a month, and maybe a small membership fee to cover some expenses. Maybe a few bucks to get a SAR official-type vest with a logo etc. From my experience, most SAR calls are Sunday night because "my spouse went hunting/camping but hasn't come back tonight like they said. BTW if you are in the military the hours you put in can get you a volunteer award.

https://oksarc.org/Thank you in advance for reading this and giving it your consideration.
I also need to research getting a 501c non-profit code.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too far away for me but have been involved in the past.
Kaw Lake is famous for killing duck hunters.
Back in the day, the COE contacted our ATV club to do shoreline searches for three duck hunters that died when their overloaded boat was swamped in high waves.
Nobody was successful. They floated up in the spring when the water warmed up and the gasses in the body brought them up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom