Concealed Carry Class - Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Per OSBI and CLEET, the course cannot exceed $60, INCLUDING any range fees. The only additional fees that one may be required to pay as a student are gun rental, if they don't have one as this is a separate service you are providing, as well as if the student does not have ammunition, eyes, and/or ears.

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Per OSBI and CLEET, the course cannot exceed $60, INCLUDING any range fees. The only additional fees that one may be required to pay as a student are gun rental, if they don't have one as this is a separate service you are providing, as well as if the student does not have ammunition, eyes, and/or ears.

Per CLEET today, the range fee is fine. this is the Second time I've looked into this so I'm 100% that its okay.

I appreciate the concern and help. I hope to see the shooting / training community become more of a "one" instead of the splintering that is going on now.

Hope to see you guys on the range or at an training event!!!!!!!

Oh and FYI, I had a very close death ( mother) in the Family today so it might be a bit before Im back on the net.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Per CLEET today, the range fee is fine. this is the Second time I've looked into this so I'm 100% that its okay.

I appreciate the concern and help. I hope to see the shooting / training community become more of a "one" instead of the splintering that is going on now.

Hope to see you guys on the range or at an training event!!!!!!!

Oh and FYI, I had a very close death ( mother) in the Family today so it might be a bit before Im back on the net.

My condolences Spencer. Sorry to hear that!

Lightsluvr

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife and I took our CC class at the home of a certified instructor in NW Oklahoma County. He is a retired OKC police officer and U.S. Marshall.

We sat around his dining room table and took the instructional part. He could easily accommodate your entire family in a casual setting. You really get personal attention from him. After the class, you can walk to his test range and qualify using a .22LR semi-automatic pistol that he lets you use you for no additional charge. You just need to bring the ammo.

We were able to schedule a class just for the two of us within 5 days of contacting him. His fee is $60 (cash).

PM me for his name and address.

LL

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First and foremost, sorry to hear of your loss. Nothing is more important than family.

To clarify my original post, that is not the answer they gave me when I inquired in November of this year following the law changes. If they told you that, then so be it. Wouldn't be the last time you will get more than one answer from anyone interpreting the law to cover a topic not specifically mentioned. Anyone that has any knowledge of what has been going on at CLEET in the last year or so, especially in regards to the Law Enforcement Firearms Training Division, can tell you how discombobulated they have been. Maybe CLEET could become "one" in their answer instead of "two", as you so elegantly put it. I hope I can speak for others when I say no one is trying to splinter in this thread. Everyone is just giving you their interpretation of the same law and what they have been told themselves, like you today, by CLEET/OSBI/and others, in an effort to try and assist you in CYA. For my company, we will continue to follow the law as written and will not charge more than the mandated $60.00 until I see it in writing saying otherwise. To each his own.

Latest posts

Top Bottom