Concealed Carry Class - Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it would appear the instructor isn't charging a range fee the range is,does that make a difference?not all instructors own thier own range

shooter226

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was told by CLEET that the "Range Fee" and all were included in the $60. This was before the latest batch of changes that were done. I was going to call next week and check some stuff and will ask them then.

I have been teaching since this has started and it always has been the same price as far as I knew. I don't know why there is a price from them anyway. I also think that there should not be any restrictions on the size or caliber of the gun also. If it can be concealed so be it. The less government intervention the better.

I want to use my S&W 500 in its ankle holster soon. :-)

Mark

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told by CLEET that the "Range Fee" and all were included in the $60. This was before the latest batch of changes that were done. I was going to call next week and check some stuff and will ask them then.

I have been teaching since this has started and it always has been the same price as far as I knew. I don't know why there is a price from them anyway. I also think that there should not be any restrictions on the size or caliber of the gun also. If it can be concealed so be it. The less government intervention the better.

Mark

Was told the same.

While I agree on less government, anyone who carries a handgun that is the max of 15.9999999(you get the idea) inches in length as the law states, has a little man syndrome. Besides some of the weak punishments listed for many of the violations of the act, allowing a person to carry a 16 inch handgun is absolutely the dumbest thing in there. There is just no legitimate need to have a 16 inch gun on your hip. If that's the case, just allow me to start carrying my m4 openly to the grocery store, or better yet, I should be allowed to carry a UMP, MP5, or P90, as they meet the caliber and barrel length restrictions of the act.

shooter226

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Mark

They have not changed it. $60.00 Range inc.

OKSDC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have not changed it. $60.00 Range inc.

Thanks Shooter! If you ever come up to Tulsa to shoot, hit me up and we can go shoot at USSA and bounce some stuff around as well. Back to the topic, that's what I was told also and is the way I run it. Just like any other sales, check around before jumping on some training and make sure you are not getting nickeled and dimed around. It just goes to show that there are crooked businessmen/women in firearms training as well.

OSU_Chris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, the family and I finally took our SDA class. We ended up hosting. Class at our business and had Tony Davey conduct the class. We opened the class up to our customers and had a very large turnout. The wife and I plan to turn our paperwork in next week. She has to take off work because Canadian county only takes SDA from 8am-10am M-F.

Thank you for all the suggestions on classes. I used to do some firearms instruction in the Army, made me miss it a little. Might look into doing that again. Need to join some local clubs and see what's available. Any suggestions? NRA, Oklahoma Rifle...?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom