Concurrent Seasons

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's actually called an Oklahoma Handgun License, and you can open carry with it, but you still have to have the license to carry during archery season.

Thank you for explaining that part. I am on my phone and wasn't going to type out all that is allowed with the concealed weapon license. (mine was issued in 2011 and is a Concealed Weapons License and new laws permits open carry as well only if you have the license.)

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If your brother is carrying a .22 (only weapon) to hunt squirrels (and it is legal on the WMA) and is licensed for hunting squirrel. And you are hunting deer with a bow and only the bow (and it is legal on the WMA) and appropriately licensed (hunting license and deer tag) you should be fine.

I believe this is correct. I hunt a lot of small game on public land and I know that most WMA's are closed to squirrel and rabbit through the first nine days of deer gun season. There are several though that have deer archery concurrent with small game. Off the top of my head there's Drummond Flats, Mountain Park, Eufala, Kaw....lots of 'em actually.

Tumbleweed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know about your GW, but ours is a pretty approachable guy. If I have a question about how a regulation might be interpreted I just call and ask him. It's he who will be the one interpreting it in person anyway. That way I know we're on the same page and I don't have to worry about anything. I have yet to have a negative interaction with him and I have been checked by him in the field multiple times, as well as calling him to ask questions.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about your GW, but ours is a pretty approachable guy. If I have a question about how a regulation might be interpreted I just call and ask him. It's he who will be the one interpreting it in person anyway. That way I know we're on the same page and I don't have to worry about anything. I have yet to have a negative interaction with him and I have been checked by him in the field multiple times, as well as calling him to ask questions.

Best option. ^^^^^

Latest posts

Top Bottom