Confiscation to begin in San Francisco, CA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aren't ex post facto laws unconstitutional?

its arguable, what you are referring to is the takings clause(see 5th amendment). however, that generally refers to taking something for public use, not necessarily banning something when the purpose is to secure some sort of public benefit(i.e make the public "safer")

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live there. And I live here. And I'm not stupid. Like anything in life you just learn to adjust to change. I also live part time in Denver Co and Des Moines Ia. I adjust there when I'm there too. No big deal to me. I will not let new laws no matter how stupid they are stop me from living and working in any area I want. I'm a Republican wherever I go, that's not going to ever change just because of a certain states politics.

(via Tapatalk)

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This explains a recent transaction I had with a member of another board in that area of California. I bought three Glock 21 mags for a really fair price. No reason for selling stated which is not uncommon.

When I got them, I was surprised to find that they were the old "U" shaped 13 round magazines which are considered pre-ban grandfathered and legal in California. I was wondering why these were coming FROM there. Now I know.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, now it appears the great state (sarcasm) of New York is confiscating long guns...more info at the link, excerpt below.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/12/05/nypd-targets-owners-multi-clip-shotguns-rifles/

The New York City Police Department is taking aim at owners of shotguns and rifles capable of holding more than five rounds, demanding such guns be surrendered, altered or taken out of the city.

The demand came in the form of some 500 letters mailed out to owners of registered long guns that are in violation of a 2010 city ordinance. The first option for the letter's recipient is to, "Immediately surrender your Rifle and/or Shotgun to your local police precinct, and notify this office of the invoice number. The firearm may be sold or permanently removed from the City of New York thereafter."

The notices, mailed Nov. 18, also give owners the options of demonstrating the gun has been moved out of NYPD jurisdiction or modified by a licensed gunsmith to comply with the law.

Although an NYPD spokeswoman told FoxNews.com the law has been on the books since 2010, critics say this year is the first time the notices were so widely dispersed. The notice was first reported on the website TheTruthAboutGuns.com.

I think it's about time to
ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1386280399.357543.jpg

Sent from HT's iPad using Tapatalk HD

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Along these same lines, I heard this morning on the radio while driving to work - New Jersey is requiring registration on ALL GUNS - including BB guns!

Also, I read something yesterday about New York LEOs not planning to enforce the anti-2A confiscation of the long guns and estimated less than 10% will be registering as ordered. The Gov Cuomo might be in for a hell of a mess up there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom