Conservative Activist Claims Women Paid The Same As Men Won't Find Husbands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Days after Senate Republicans unanimously blocked a vote on the Paycheck Fairness Act, Phyllis Schlafly, founder of "pro-family" organization Eagle Forum, claimed that providing women with equal pay for equal work would deter their chances of finding a “suitable mate” in a Christian Post op-ed published Tuesday.

Since a woman prefers to marry a man who makes more money than she does, Schlafly argued, decreasing the gender pay gap would leave women unable to secure a husband.

http://newsok.com/conservative-acti...ame-as-men-wont-find-husbands/article/4001669

Hell my wife makes more than me and I'm damn glad I found her. :lookaroun

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Phyllis Schlafly is an idiot of the very first rank. That she even has a platform to share her asinine opinions is proof positive that in a democracy, mediocrity rises to the top.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's always "down south"; no "broke-ass bitches" north of the Mason-Dixon line?

I was referring to Carter County, OK, where I was born and raised, and where I saw first hand some of these "broke-ass bitches" with umpteen kids, no husband, and no money.

Meant no disrespect to the Confederacy.

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think a woman who makes more than me is one of the most attractive things I can think of. I make pretty damn good money and my wife earns more than me by quite a bit. I love it that we are together because we want to be and not because we have to be. We'd be just fine if we were each living alone. Nothing is more of a turn off than some hot chick looking for a sugar daddy because she's too lazy to get going on a career that will support her. I also love it that my wife and I can have conversations about financial decisions. We might not agree,.. but I know she's got some skin in the game. I hope she always makes more than me because that means she's making really good money. I don't understand why any man would be intimidated by that. I think the overwhelming majority of men would love it.

You go girls!!

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was referring to Carter County, OK, where I was born and raised, and where I saw first hand some of these "broke-ass bitches" with umpteen kids, no husband, and no money.

Meant no disrespect to the Confederacy.

It's just the stereotypes that denegrate people from the south wear on me after a while - and I don't even consider myself a "Southerner"; "flatlander" is one I've been called a few times. I have family (unfortunately) in Michigan that are very similar to those you observed in Carter County.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's just the stereotypes that denegrate people from the south wear on me after a while - and I don't even consider myself a "Southerner"; "flatlander" is one I've been called a few times. I have family (unfortunately) in Michigan that are very similar to those you observed in Carter County.

If I had been born in say, Grant County, OK, I would have replaced "down South" with "up North".

It is just a geographic perspective I believe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom