Constitutional Carry send your support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4 months of high point beer and wine in grocery stores has turned your brains to mush and you can't even remember you had to wait til Nov 1st for the beer and wine sales to start. LOL

How many days do you think will pass before tv reports start on dumbasses jumping the gun to start carrying.
Nov 1 2019
Nov 1 2019
Nov 1 2019
Nov 1 2019
Nov 1 2019

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't tell you how many people talked today about how it should require a permit solely because they think mandatory training is a good idea... I took my in 2011 from some Fudd in my hometown. Breezed through reading the law to us + range time in just under 3 hours. Was told that was abnormal and was advised to report the instructor.

Thinking I missed something, I got a free pass and audited three other classes. In OKC, Lawton, and Hollis... All went about the same.

Cracks me up that people call CC class 'training.'

Here's a question though... Someone mentioned that you can't point your firearm under duress without firing until the threat is gone. Truth in that? Even the most recent class I sat in on (2018) stated that in Oklahoma, you can't draw unless you front-sight-press. Considered brandishing.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't tell you how many people talked today about how it should require a permit solely because they think mandatory training is a good idea... I took my in 2011 from some Fudd in my hometown. Breezed through reading the law to us + range time in just under 3 hours. Was told that was abnormal and was advised to report the instructor.

Thinking I missed something, I got a free pass and audited three other classes. In OKC, Lawton, and Hollis... All went about the same.

Cracks me up that people call CC class 'training.'

Here's a question though... Someone mentioned that you can't point your firearm under duress without firing until the threat is gone. Truth in that? Even the most recent class I sat in on (2018) stated that in Oklahoma, you can't draw unless you front-sight-press. Considered brandishing.
We had a thread about that. It's no longer that way.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it has been a while back. Seems I remember this.

il_570xN.1201838628_50mu.jpg

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just pointing a gun at a threat is no longer brandishing if I remember right. It was in the past.
Here's the pertinent part of the statue from the SDA Law Book published by OSBI. The front cover of the book says that. "All statutory provisions are effective November 1, 2017." Notice that nowhere in the section cited does it require that a self defense act end with the discharge of the firearm.
TITLE 21 § 1279 MISDEMEANOR POINTING A FIREARM

Except for an act of self-defense
(emphasis added), it shall be unlawful for any person to point any pistol or any other deadly weapon whether loaded or not, at any other person or persons. Any person violating the provisions of this section shall, upon conviction, be guilty of a misdemeanor punishable as provided in Section 1280 of this title. Any person convicted of violating the provisions of this section after having been issued a handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act may be subject to an administrative violation as provided in Section 1280 of this title.

TITLE 21 § 1280 PENALTY FOR 1279

Any person violating the provisions of Section 1279 of this title, upon conviction, shall be guilty of a misdemeanor. The person offending shall be punished by a fine of not less than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) nor more than One Thousand Dollars ($1,000.00) and shall be imprisoned in the county jail for a period not less than three (3) nor more than twelve (12) months. Any person convicted of violating the provisions of Section 1279 of this title after having been issued a handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, Sections 1 through 26 of this act, shall have the handgun license permanently revoked and shall be liable for an administrative fine of Fifty Dollars ($50.00) upon a hearing and determination by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation that the person is in violation of the provisions of this section.

Latest posts

Top Bottom