Cool Things to Photograph?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Weddings to pay the bills.

But look around you, there are plenty of things to take photos of. Just get creative and use your imagination. Experimenting with different lighting is half the fun. Look on Flickr or Pinterest to get some ideas.

One of my favorites is to just wander around Bricktown. There are about 1,000 different things to photograph there. You never know what you'll come across.

7618530144_f7c68d52dd_z.jpg

Last edited:

Jace

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have spent many enjoyable hours walking the streets of Guthrie, and driving the backroads of Logan County. Even in the middle of winter you can find plenty of color... it just might be contrast or texture instead!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good shot! Where were you when you took that photo?

Oh, and I tell folks all the time that one doesn't have to have a highly expensive camera and lenses to take good photos. I've taken a LOT with point and shooters, although they tended to be really good point and shoot cameras.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good shot! Where were you when you took that photo?

Oh, and I tell folks all the time that one doesn't have to have a highly expensive camera and lenses to take good photos. I've taken a LOT with point and shooters, although they tended to be really good point and shoot cameras.

i was at medicine park by the old plantation restaurant. its north of Lawton/Ft.Sill, if ur not familiar with this area. on the south side of lake Lawtonka. there was a big rain a day or two prior so the water was up and flowing more than normal. made for a good shot i think.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i was at medicine park by the old plantation restaurant. its north of Lawton/Ft.Sill, if ur not familiar with this area. on the south side of lake Lawtonka. there was a big rain a day or two prior so the water was up and flowing more than normal. made for a good shot i think.

Thanks, and I understand about being in the right place at the right time. The picture I posted earlier of Natural Falls was taken after a heavy rain period in NE Oklahoma and NW Arkansas, so the falls in my photo are "fuller" than what is normally seen, especially in comparison to later in the year.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The most important piece of equipment is the 6 inches behind the viewfinder. I have shot many features with a Rebel series Canon and decent glass.

I have to say, the results from the new gear are spectacular. Just a picture of a seat in the studio looks incredible.Final.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom