Cop watch: Who benefits when law enforcement gets body cams?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
There have been times on.medical runs where it would be nice to show what we did do and did not do.

At one time the LifePak cardiac monitors/defibrillators had an audio recording device so you could call out things during a code and go back to use the tape to document in the chart when you had time.

After the first audio recording got called into court as evidence, they all mysteriously 'broke.'

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I worked in a state prison in Texas once upon a time. Every Use-of-Force incident had to be video-taped unless there was just absolutely no time to get a camera...like the inmate starting something unexpectedly. This was before the days of the little Go-Pro and digital type, they were bulky VHS cameras.

These recordings saved our a$$e$ many times. Of course, there were times when having the camera saved the dirtbag's a$$ as well!

If I were a LEO, I think I'd probably be much in favor of them. (They do malfunction sometimes!)

Sent from HT's iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cameras, like the sword of Justice is two sided, it can cut either way. I had a Chief that had already written out my termination papers and was waiting for my signature till he saw the video recording of the arrest I had made that prompted the complaint. When the complaining party viewed the tape and there was mention of filing charges for a false complaint, the complaint was withdrawn.

Latest posts

Top Bottom