Corbon DPX 38 Special Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've heard great things about the Corbon DPX ammo in .38 Special and think it would be the perfect SD food for my S&W Model 38 Airweight. It seems Corbon used to make a standard pressure, non +P version of this ammunition. Does anyone know where you can find it?

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use the CorBon 110gr +P DPX in my 442. I don't believe CorBon has made a standard pressure .38 for quite a while. I would be surprised if you could locate some. If I had an older non +P gun I would just shoot standard pressure loads for practice and carry 5 +P for defense. If you ever have to shoot it I doubt a couple of rounds would ruin the gun.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot the Corbon DPX .38 +P out of my 642 and they feel like a standard pressure round. Haven't chrono'd them, but they are nice soft shooters.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I shoot the Corbon DPX .38 +P out of my 642 and they feel like a standard pressure round. Haven't chrono'd them, but they are nice soft shooters.

What bullet is your avatar? It's like a beautiful metallic flower.

I'd shoot +P, but S&W informed me that my 1971 M38 was not built to handle them. It's my understanding, however, that the +P ammo of today is on par with the standard loads of decades ago. Maybe my 38 can handle it, but I'm not willing to risk it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom