could these sights work on maverick 88?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productnumber=109166

i have the mossberg maverick 88 which is basically the same thing as the mossberg 500 except for the location of the safety. since my gun doesn't have the safety on the top of the receiver, could these sights fit my 88? i really like the look of these as opposed to the mossberg ones with the huge wings on the side of the rear sight. any feedback would be appreciated.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mmm... I would really suggest either these or these if you really are going to use the elevation adjustment on the GRs for slugs. SGT sights are essentially fixed sights that have the potential to be moved- not an optimal combo. I've run MMCs for 15 years, and like them. The new LPAs seem to be good as well, though.

Edit: the "wings" keep your aperture from getting knocked off or mashed flat.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
if i was to get the LPA rear sight, what front sight would work with it? that sight that wraps around the barrel doesn't look like it would be very secure. it kinda disappoints me that they don't have a front/rear set.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if i was to get the LPA rear sight, what front sight would work with it? that sight that wraps around the barrel doesn't look like it would be very secure. it kinda disappoints me that they don't have a front/rear set.

I've mounted the banded sights using Devcon stainless steel epoxy, and never had a problem- it is expensive though. Another solution I've seen is to mount the banded sight, and drill & tap through it, and use a set-screw (3-56 would be a common bead-sight size). If you really plan on hard-use, that would be the way to go- just be sure to finish off the bottom of the screw so it is flush with the bore. KP Supply, on Agnew can order in a medium grit rubber-abrasive disc for a Dremel that is perfect for the job, and its about $2.

Edit: if you don't like that, the factory front ramp is available, but I believe its a sweat-on, which is a PITA unless you're good with solder, or a smith would probably do it for the $75 range. (don't quote me on that...)

Latest posts

Top Bottom