Could this happen here next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never knew breaks were a right.
Yeah, I know there are buzzers that signal most to go take one, but in the industrial maintenance world, that's the signal one can have a few minutes to go work on that piece of equipment if needed. You eat lunch when the work gives a break, not when a buzzer goes off.
Farmers don't get a scheduled break. Pilots don't get scheduled breaks during a flight. There is a huge part of the workforce that doesn't get scheduled breaks or lunch hours.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another such bill is HB 255, which would eliminate child labor protections that keep high school students from working third shift and in hazardous jobs. That bill will put more kids in harm’s way, and undermine the jobs adults can get by helping employers hire lower-paid, easier-to-exploit children.
The HB255, we already have in place in Oklahoma. My kids, when they were in high school ran into this issue. My son applied at Waffle House, and they said they were going to have him work from (I believe) 9 to like 5. I told him there was no way he was doing that.

My daughter worked at McAlister's, and there were times she would not get home till after 1 because of needing to do the clean up with a quarter of the staff. Then she would have to get up for school at 7 and be back at work at 4:00. She had to do her homework during her lunch, or if there was a break at Moore Norman Tech (she went for welding).

Unfortunately, as people make money, they will work to get any labor protections removed to try and make more money. This will force more people out of the work force and into the welfare state.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I know there are buzzers that signal most to go take one, but in the industrial maintenance world, that's the signal one can have a few minutes to go work on that piece of equipment if needed. You eat lunch when the work gives a break, not when a buzzer goes off.
Farmers don't get a scheduled break. Pilots don't get scheduled breaks during a flight. There is a huge part of the workforce that doesn't get scheduled breaks or lunch hours.
Neither do nurses, neither did I when I worked glass.
That's why I make damn sure my guys DO get their breaks, and in the very unusual circumstance they don't - they get paid for it.

Companies will use a worker's conscience and ethics to get whatever they can for as cheaply as they can. It's good business.

A worker that doesn't apply those same considerations to his own paycheck is just hurting themselves.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's my work, I eat lunch at my desk and keep working. But, I ride a desk and manage my own workload, so I have no room to complain.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Bro just work when the boss tells you, sleep when they tell you, go to the bathroom when they tell you. It's for the good of the company bro."

Attachments

• Rednecks.jpg
    Rednecks.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom