Count down to Crappie at Eufala

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crosstimbers Okie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You'll find that the best Crappie fishing now will be further south. Where they are talking about on the Crappie forum is down close to McAlester/Hartshorne. I was still living down there a few years ago when it was 6 ft low and that was one of the best Crappie spawns I've ever seen at Eufaula. Here's a link to Eufaula water levels that is usually pretty close. I was down there the other day and it looked about right. Belle Starr is nice but I would drive south to launch. Look south!
http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/EUFA.lakepage.html

Porum Landing!!!!!

That years was likely 2005. I brought an ice chest full of fillets back to Missouri from two nights of fishing.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty much a bust for us this weekend. Cold temps compounded by low water didn't help much. Two of the guys in our group went out with a guide Thursday afternoon down on the south end of the lake. They were pulling some large Crappie out of the water. We ate half of those on Saturday night.

We pulled 7 Crappie otu of the water off of the dock. Nothing but some light nibbles everywhere else we dropped a line in the water.

We did pull two 2-3lb large mouth bass out. Ended up tossing them back in. I lost two rattle traps within 5 minutes due to underwater snags and the shallow water. Rather frustrating. I needed to replinish my rattletrap stock before this trip. Now I really need to.

with water temps around 56 degrees not much was interested in biting. We were amazed at the number of snags sticking out of the water south of the Belle Star Area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom