Count down to Crappie at Eufala

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I leave Thursday evening for Eufala. From what I have read its hit or miss on the crappie thus far.

Hopefully the warmer weather will help things out a bit.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck to you, let us know all the details, how deep, what you were successful on, water temps, etc. And of course pics! Looks like you should have a few good days of warm windy weather to warm the water up. I wanted to get out this weekend to drown some minners, but with spring break last week, I think everyone with a boat was on the water so I chose to wait till next weekend or take a day off and go this week and get away from the crowds.

WacosSon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good luck to you, let us know all the details, how deep, what you were successful on, water temps, etc. And of course pics! Looks like you should have a few good days of warm windy weather to warm the water up. I wanted to get out this weekend to drown some minners, but with spring break last week, I think everyone with a boat was on the water so I chose to wait till next weekend or take a day off and go this week and get away from the crowds.

I'll chime in here since I just got back from Eufaula yesterday.

Had mild luck on crappie, better luck on big mouth.

Lake report said water was only 5 feet down, but in reality it looked like it was 35 feet down. Apparently they're doing alot of draining for some bridge projects. Water was still fairly cold.

Got decent hits fishing fairly shallow. Chartreuse/pink micro tubes and tails had the best response. Water was fairly clear over near Porum Landing. Closer to the Belle Star got pretty muddied up. Lots of turtles present and good turkey signs too.

anyone know if the Crappiefest contest still happens at Eufaula?

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Eufaula this weekend as well. Fished the rocks at I-40 bridge and did not get a bite. Only seen one boat fishing on the north side and could not tell if they where catching or not. WacosSon you are right, was down more than I have ever seen it and I have been going since before 97'.

I did see the biolagist catching (what I think where) spoon bills in a gill net if that is what I was seeing. To be honest I could not tell what they were tagging a releasing but it was no gar and had a long nose. Tell me if anyone could help me with this story.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You'll find that the best Crappie fishing now will be further south. Where they are talking about on the Crappie forum is down close to McAlester/Hartshorne. I was still living down there a few years ago when it was 6 ft low and that was one of the best Crappie spawns I've ever seen at Eufaula. Here's a link to Eufaula water levels that is usually pretty close. I was down there the other day and it looked about right. Belle Starr is nice but I would drive south to launch. Look south!
http://www.swt-wc.usace.army.mil/EUFA.lakepage.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom