Cowboy boots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of custom Wesco's today (Christams present to myself), the price makes me sick but they are a great company. I've worn a pair of their work boots daily for over 2 years and they should last years more. The quality is mind blowing. I see them lasting...forever. Plus they completely rebuild them for half price, if they ever need it. American Craftsmanshp of 100 years ago, helps ease the pain of a cheap dude spending money.

I got these with a buckled instep strap, kind of a western/engineer boot hyrbrid. I like simple. And black. They should fill in nicely for all the occasions my logging boots or New Balance's draw stares of dissent. Well, at least from all but the snobbiest of snobs. This is as formal as I get.

awww.westcoastshoe.com_wesco_images_elements_1208.gif

http://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco/home.asp

Brianatc

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a pair of Tony Lama elephant that are over 25 years old, never need polish and not a mark on them. They have had the soles replaced 3 time.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy crap they are expensive.

My boys wanted a pair and we were in OKC after Christmas break. I got a little bit of sticker shock as its been a while since I've purchased any cowboy boots. I figured we could pick up a pair for $50-$60 for the cheap ones and maybe $80-$100 for the nice ones.

I was wrong. Really wrong.

Since both boys (one just turned 10, the other is 11) are in men's sized, the cheapest pair were some no-name man-made material boots for $79.

That blew me away. I convinced both of them to spend a little extra and get a good pair, but then I noticed that Justins are made in Mexico and Ariats are made in China.

Stilll, they both got a decent pair for $130 (I made them spend their own money, so the decision was a long one - we spent a lot of time in the Western Outlet Store in Moore but my oldest got a nice pair of Justins and my youngest got a nice pair of Ariats).

If I would've known that you were at the Western Outlet in Moore, I could have gotten you half off anything in store. My friend's family owns that place.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you mind sharing which ones can you get 20 years out of? Maybe there is some I never had before.

Best I ever got was 4 years out of some Dan Post and the worst was Wolverines-3 months I think. I've had about everything in between.

To answer your question, custom handmade ones. I have two pair that I have had for 20 years and they still look great. They were made by Lewis Johnson in Dumas, TX. Unfortunately he moved to Amarillo and retired. (I think)

$460 / pair, 1 year wait, but custom made to my feet, my choice of heel, toe, leather type, color, shaft style, height, stitch style, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom