Coyote hunting opportunity NW OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OP, sorry for the normal hijack.

Will they protect cattle too? I ask cause Dad lost a fresh calf last week to yotes. How much care do mules need?

Maybe its donkeys rather than mules but yes they hang with the heard and are yote killin machines.
They just need grass and water.
research it.

Relentless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe its donkeys rather than mules but yes they hang with the heard and are yote killin machines.
They just need grass and water.
research it.
I've seen them chase coyotes, they'll never catch one unless it's full blown retarded, donkey cannot run half the speed of a scared coyote. I used to have a video of my friends donkey chasing a coyote across a wheat field and I shot the coyote as the donkey was still chasing it, it stomped it into the ground haha

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen them chase coyotes, they'll never catch one unless it's full blown retarded, donkey cannot run half the speed of a scared coyote. I used to have a video of my friends donkey chasing a coyote across a wheat field and I shot the coyote as the donkey was still chasing it, it stomped it into the ground haha
I never said they could catch them but if they get to close, they are hamburger. Yotes generally keep their distance.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My B-I-L had the same problem down by Earlsboro with his sheep. It took us about a year and half to train them yotes to go elsewhere. But they finally did. They knew just exactly where to go to avoid us and changed pattern every couple days. We couldn't hunt them other weekends normally. They figure that out quickly. He lost a ton of baby lambs over a couple years. He tried dogs, donkeys, bait, and a few other things. But the hunting pressure was what finally chased them off I believe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom