Crappie are on the beds.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like a good trip. Just 2 sand bass? Looks like more than 2 in that pic, regardless looks like a good mess of fish for the Ponca City FGST.

OOPS!! your right! I posted the wrong pic! I deleted all the pics from my camera today, I hope the crappie one wasn't one of them. This pic is from last weeks trip up the creeks.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More excuse to go fishing again. LOL

Took that advise to heart and went out about 5pm to a new area that we haven't fished before. Tied up to some tree stumps, and in the next hour my buddy caught two, and I had the lucky seat. Ended up with 15 in my basket. One stump and the minnow had to be placed 12" to the right, and within minutes, another crappie was in the bag. Left side, not a bite. Wierd how that happens.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010001_4.jpg

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took that advise to heart and went out about 5pm to a new area that we haven't fished before. Tied up to some tree stumps, and in the next hour my buddy caught two, and I had the lucky seat. Ended up with 15 in my basket. One stump and the minnow had to be placed 12" to the right, and within minutes, another crappie was in the bag. Left side, not a bite. Wierd how that happens.

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P1010001_4.jpg

I made my dad and grandpa mad once while fishing some stumps. We had just tied up and I had one in the boat before they got baited up. Then I was catching them and they weren't. I figured out that if I bumped the bottom and reeled up slowly they'd bite. Stationary bait, not so much. They sure can be persnickety sometimes. This was down on Texoma.

Nice batch there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom