The one that got away.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it didn't really get away buuuuttt I did let it go.

Fished this weekend at Waurika. Had one of the best trips I have had in the way of sheer numbers in a long long time. Was using shad I caught at the lake. 30 minutes in to Saturday morning and 14 blues, I had a friend talked into driving down and joining me. 70 blues and a bunch of rain later, we wrapped it up. Biggest blue was just 12 pounds though. We were able to effectively run 4 rods between the two of us and one rugged up with bait setting in a holder as a "next up" I started fishing at 6:00 Sat morning and we wrapped it up at 11:15.

I couldn't resist the urge and had to go again this morning. Heavy rain had me acting like a little girl so I waited a good storm out before setting up this morning. Fished from 7:30 until 11:45. Landed 52 blues. Biggest blue today was 22 pounds. With the overall average weight being far better than yesterday.

Here is the bonus on the weekend. I caught this bad boy Saturday morning and thought I had a huge blue on. Weighed in at 43 pounds and 14 ounces on my digital Rapala scale. Which was awesome and I have only actually caught a handful of smallmouth buffalo. It was raining and my buddy am I discussed what we though got the state record was and snapped a quick phone picture and kicked it back in the lake. Then I get home and get to looking over the rod and reel records. Dang it! I might should have double checked that my scales were correct or at least weight my heavy!!! 44 lbs. 2 ounces is the record!! Anyways, it made for ahold story and at least I got a few pictures of it!
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_05_10_66206e731e7e03c2f23e0d498480439f.jpg
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_05_10_ee474a9fc046f1c79ace28e94a8b4d6f.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom