crappie .... dock fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Anyone fishing for crappie?

We fished Greenleaf about 4 weeks ago. the dock is in good shape .... the marina sold minnows ... not a large count. we did not catch many fish. $5.00 minnows. a dock fee is charged

Fished sahoma lake dock on an ongoing basis..... two trips have produced fish of up to 14 inches ... several large fish. about ten trips have produced smaller fish .... the larger fish were about 8". been catching many fish .... using red minnows. in about 2 hours last night... I went through 1/6 pound of minnows ..... fishing tightline just off bottom.
$3.50 for minnows .... zero dock fee. concession closed Monday and tuesday

Fished Eufaula state park dock earlier this week. we found dock interior closed Monday, Tuesday, and wed. we had a heck of time finding minnows. one day we found mixed minnows ... some up to 2.5".... none under 2". we caught 4 crappie. we found a second seller that had large crappie minnows ..... both in Eufaula .....we caught 2 bass, a catfish, and six nice crappie. we were told that the dock sells minnows when they are open. $4.00 for seniors to fish on the dock ... even on days closed and to fish on exterior only. the dock could use a good cleaning and boards replaced. fish clean station was gross.

After deer season to try a dock in manford.

Anyone else fishing the docks?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dock fishing can be pretty good this time of year. I actually catch more crappie in January and February than any other time of year, using a boat fishing deep structure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom