Crazy Things People Will Do For Money

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keensaber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People will steal anything. Thieves also will destroy good stuff in order to get a buck. It really pisses you off when you work hard to pay for things for you and your family. He problably makes thousands a month stealing and then we pay for his welfare, food stamps, education for his family and medical bills.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bet I've had 1800' of welding leads and 10 flag poles stolen out of my truck yard in the last 3 years. I finally had to build boxes to secure the welding leads. The police say that the thieves could say the found whatever they are scrapping on the side of road and that they can't do anything about it. It's hard to prove it belonged to you. Any scrapyard that would take serviceable welding leads knows damn well they were stolen.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They stole the wiring from a railroad crossing signal near Wright City, OK. Three days later a log truck T-boned the lead engine of a train. Killed the truck driver instantly, the engineer suffered for several days before passing.

On the other side of the coin, I have a couple 250ft rolls of 12/2 with ground in my storage building. It has more than tripled in value since I bought it.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friend of mine went out to his Truck after lunch...thieves cut out his catalytic converter from under the truck in the middle of the parking lot.

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im curious, did you not know he was. Stealing copper?
Well I sure as hell didn't think he bought it. Let me clarify, this was cable he had stolen somewhere else. Was using our land to strip it. Does it piss me off that he's stealing? Regardless from who? Yes. Was I willing to escalate this confrontation to a physical or lethal altercation? No

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would recommend you notify the local police department with a description of the guy and also the material he was stripping. (wire, size, length, whatever)
I bet the crime was fresh and your information would mesh nicely with another police report filed by someone else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom