Crime in St Louis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was aware that crime in St Louis is pretty bad. The DoD has a complex there I refer to as Fort Apache. There is gang graffiti on everything in the neighborhood and we have found spent bullets in the parking lot. Not empty shell cases, but fired bullets.

After the Ferguson incident, I started going a local website to read the stories and comments. I have been going the website daily since just to read about all the crime. I'm simply amazed by the amount of crime that is occurring in St Louis.

Www.stltoday.com

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I have to go there for a wedding in August.. Not looking forward to it. Last time the reception was in the art gallery area and seemed kinda rough. This time will be same area...

Sent via message in a bottle

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man killed in St. Louis police shooting had been shot in 2009 by another officer
A man fatally shot Tuesday afternoon by a police officer had been wounded six years ago after raising a gun at two officers and was sentenced to 14 years in prison, a police source said.
Police identified the man as Ledarius D. Williams, 23...
Williams died at a hospital after being shot by a St. Louis police officer...in the Dutchtown neighborhood, authorities said.
...The officers saw Williams had a gun and a struggle ensued, [Police Chief Sam] Dotson said. The gun started to turn toward an officer at one point.
Williams was shot by one of the officers. The officer fired four times, but Dotson did not say how many times Williams was hit.
“If I wanted to describe a struggle for your life, one of the officers today is covered in mud, literally head to toe, where they were rolling on the ground in the mud while trying to gain control of (Williams’) gun,” Dotson said...
...Police said the gun Williams had in his possession, a Springfield Armory .45-caliber, was recovered at the scene. The gun had been reported stolen in 2013 from Alabama.
In May 2009, a female officer shot Williams in the leg after he pointed a gun at her and another female officer, a police source said...
In August 2009, Williams pleaded guilty to two counts of assault on a law enforcement officer and was sentenced to seven years on each count, to be served consecutively, for total of 14 years in prison. He was released from prison last March....

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_96ecd3b9-108d-5910-a052-e3e7bec40a63.html

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
only been to STL a couple of times, Once for a baseball game and the other passing through. I tell you what is scary is driving though memphis in the middle of the night. We would all night road trip to florida and go trough there about 1-2 am. Damn sure didnt stop for gas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom