Crip Gang to target us Soldiers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
from what I've been hearing from the youngsters in my family... this has been a problem for the last several years.

Why? Just my opinion... but these days too many young enlisted persons live off -post. Too many young enlisted folks are not busy enough when stateside. The Army has had these troubles for a long time...large community without a lot of off duty supervision.

We were seeing some of this at Millington NAS in the late 70's... I cannot immagine it's any better.

Oh...today we just "fire" the trouble makers and send them home. Volunteers ya know.... Military prison costs too much and they can abuse the uniform with cause they have "rights" and such. Im sorry- take the Oath and wear a uniform--- you get a "higher standard"....

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It wouldn't be unheard of if the crips were to kill some servicemen for there to be retaliation - though in this day and age I imagine it would be highly unlikely.

Back in the day the US Navy had what was called dungaree liberty. When local cops, bar owners, civilians anyone started mistreating local sailors on what amounted to a regular and unfair basis there would be a dungaree liberty called for one night (unofficial of course). Essentially sailors were let loose on the town to to pretty much teach the locals that messing with sailors was a big no-no. Anything was legit except rape, murder and arson.

I remember one that happened while I was at Great Lakes Naval Training center. North Chicago was a whole lot friendlier to the sailors there afterward.

Besides from being anti-American in every way...... that's a good way to get shot in my book.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides from being anti-American in every way...... that's a good way to get shot in my book.

Drunk and rowdy GIs cutting loose on the towns attached to military bases used to be just be part of living in those towns, and that had nothing to do with teaching any lessons. It was just GI payday. Never did see the “townies” get set straight, however. I don't think it's as bad as it used to be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom