Crip Gang to target us Soldiers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...... ha read the article, the crips were retaliating because their friends invaded a home and were cut down and they believed the home owners to be soldiers.

Edit: Well crap. I originally thought the article was worded poorly and made the situation seem reversed. It seems the summary and article are right.

In any case the only reason the crips have a leg to stand on is they know the military can't retaliate like they would against a hostile force in the field of battle. If that were the case, what chance do you think a guy who can't even hold a handgun properly would have. I mean, c'mon?

bmwguy25

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, but you're wrong...read the article again, and read the link I posted. Some banger soldiers decided to rob a house that turned out to be inhabited by Crips and the rest follows.

It doesn't excuse the Crips 'threat', but it's been months now and nothing has come of it. So it's not really news...
i304.photobucket.com_albums_nn176_pete5777_IMG_0087_764800_1.jpg
LOL

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The soldiers were the ones charged/(convicted?) of the home invasion.

Not that I'm justifying the crips' call out on soldiers, although I'd love to see a chihuahua pick a fight with a mastiff, in this case the soldiers were in the wrong.

There are serious issues with gang members joining the military and retaining their gang affiliations. Some gangs are actually using the military as "free training" for their gang enforcers. This is a know phenomnon and a serious problem.

That's why you shouldn't automatically assume that military members are clean and innocent and deserving of our support and outrage when an incident occurs. 90% of the time, yes. But that other 10% can cause egg on the face syndrome. :(

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are serious issues with gang members joining the military and retaining their gang affiliations. Some gangs are actually using the military as "free training" for their gang enforcers. This is a know phenomnon and a serious problem.

That's why you shouldn't automatically assume that military members are clean and innocent and deserving of our support and outrage when an incident occurs. 90% of the time, yes. But that other 10% can cause egg on the face syndrome. :(

I can't remember if it was on Netflix or if I caught it on cable tv, but I watched a documentary about this. Showing how gangs in the military are becoming a bigger issue every day. They're using their training in order to go back to their gangs and share the knowledge. They showed videos of walls in Iraq and Afghanistan that were tagged.

It's ridiculous and a potentially very scary thing.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It wouldn't be unheard of if the crips were to kill some servicemen for there to be retaliation - though in this day and age I imagine it would be highly unlikely.

Back in the day the US Navy had what was called dungaree liberty. When local cops, bar owners, civilians anyone started mistreating local sailors on what amounted to a regular and unfair basis there would be a dungaree liberty called for one night (unofficial of course). Essentially sailors were let loose on the town to to pretty much teach the locals that messing with sailors was a big no-no. Anything was legit except rape, murder and arson.

I remember one that happened while I was at Great Lakes Naval Training center. North Chicago was a whole lot friendlier to the sailors there afterward.

I doubt that you're insinuating that soldiers should go on a rampage in the city of Lawton in which "Anything is legit except rape, murder and arson." But that's what it sounds like.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt that you're insinuating that soldiers should go on a rampage in the city of Lawton in which "Anything is legit except rape, murder and arson." But that's what it sounds like.

What I'm insinuating is that if the crips successfully took out some uniformed soldiers and it had been 40 years ago is that it would be open season on crips for soldiers, sailors and marines except this is now and that was then. Won't happen even if 50 uniformed service members got taken out. Not thru lack of will in the enlisted ranks but lack of will in the leadership. The times have changed too much.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First of all, I think that if a gang of Crips killed even a small group of uniformed soldiers there would be SERIOUS retaliations by other members at whatever nearby base was affected. Whether condoned/directed by senior ranking personnel or not. I don't see our service men and women laying down and letting it slide.

Also, I think that this might not be as easy as everyone here is approaching it. It would be like trying to discern Taliban from everyday farmer in Afghanistan. Not real easy. The Crips gang, if they were going to take action, I doubt would be wearing a sash that said Crips on it all over town in the days to follow. Conversely, what are you going to do as a service man/woman? Beat down anyone wearing blue?

It wouldn't be easy to pick a legitimate target is what I am saying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom