Critics rip Biden proclamation that Easter Sunday is ‘Transgender Day of Visibility’

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snubinmypocket

Marksman
Reaction score
This entire thread is useless.
I think it shows that some defended the transgender day because it’s on the same date since 2009. Biden said he didn’t proclaim it yet there is a signed proclamation issued from the White House where he did. It just proves that he is not running the government. Oh well, at least he had fun with the Oyster Bunny. Interesting how many here oppose religion and think it’s foolish.

snubinmypocket

Marksman
Reaction score
Odd string of questions just to push your point. You either cease to exists or there’s some higher power. I figure if they exist then I’ve been a decent person so whatever. If they’re vindictive and petty then they didn’t deserve my worship anyway. My joy varies from day to day. Some days it’s a wide open highway and 91 in the tank. Some it’s spending time with my family and having fun together. Any other questions?
Not trying to push any point. Interesting that you came on this thread to push your’s though.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no doubt that there is a cultural and civil war going on in our country, and though the woke folks want to act like they are open minded and love all religions, the truth is that they very much specifically hate one religion and go so far as to promote others because of that hate.

At the end of the day, I think it is good to show respect towards everyone, those who agree with oneself, and those who don't. There is just no reason to call others a fool or foolish, even if both people think the same of each other, there is no reason to say it. What does it profit anyone?

My heart cries for how far this nation has fallen, and the topic of this thread is part of that. Even if you don't believe in God, you have to acknowledge that the quality of people in this country has diminished so much. People used to have manners. They used to treat others with respect. They used to respect themselves! It wasn't perfect, but there was a pretense to wanting to be better than not. There was a dignity in wanting to be better than they were that is sorely missing now. They virtue signal to suggest that they care about others all the while doing only what their selfish ambition hungers for, a deception to be sure. So again, even if you don't believe in God, it is becoming more and more obvious what a nation looks like without Him in the picture, day by day, decade by decade.

The humanness in me always wants to say to myself about someone hating on God that they are making their choice. I was once like that speaking arrogantly as if I had made the universe, not knowing my place in creation. I am forever grateful that it wasn't in His plan that I should remain there. There are a lot of people shaking their fists at God these days. In the case of this thread it even begins with "you made me wrong", but that is the whole problem. Probably God answers that with "I breathed life into you".

People are so mixed up in their own minds by all that this world teaches that it chokes out anything good.

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Indoctrinated, cult…
So, are religions a cult?
In some sense of the word, of course they are cults. The difference between catholicism, protestantism, mormonism, scientology, whatever the branch dividians were, etc is just how widespread the acceptance.

If your faith tells you that yours is the one true religion then so be it. That is the point of faith.

But really, what is the difference between a cult and a religion beyond the amount of acceptance one enjoys over the other?

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not trying to push any point. Interesting that you came on this thread to push your’s though.
I came into this thread to point out that the day everyone was pissed about had been set years ago as March 31st and Easter just happened to land there this year. Next year it’ll be 4/20 (blaze it?). You came here to push a narrative about me though. Not sure your trolling is up to snuff since you’ve only been here a month.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In some sense of the word, of course they are cults. The difference between catholicism, protestantism, mormonism, scientology, whatever the branch dividians were, etc is just how widespread the acceptance.

If your faith tells you that yours is the one true religion then so be it. That is the point of faith.

But really, what is the difference between a cult and a religion beyond the amount of acceptance one enjoys over the other?
A religion becomes a cult to the extent that its leadership has control over the daily life of it's followers. there is a big difference over requesting one tithe over requiring one to tithe over saying you must earn your tithes by preaching on a street corner and getting donations. How much control does one's faith have over your life? Is it internal or forced upon you by church leadership? Is it a religion, a cultlike religion, or a cult.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A religion becomes a cult to the extent that its leadership has control over the daily life of it's followers. there is a big difference over requesting one tithe over requiring one to tithe over saying you must earn your tithes by preaching on a street corner and getting donations. How much control does one's faith have over your life? Is it internal or forced upon you by church leadership? Is it a religion, a cultlike religion, or a cult.
'Cult' has many meanings. The modern usage of the word certainly has a negative connotation. Websters has five usages, the first being "a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious".

Early Christianity was considered a cult by many, IIRC. Until it gained more mainstream acceptance and was viewed more as a religion.

And, if you want to discuss christianity as a form of control, our history is filled with instances where a minister, king (head of church), pope, etc, told people how to live (beyond tithing). And killed people who did not live according to how they thought they should.

But anyway, i'm just saying the line between cult and religion is often more about who is leading it and how many people believe it, than it is strictly about what the message regarding faith is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom