crunching US money numbers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On Monday, March 28, 2022, President Biden proposed a $5.8 trillion budget for Fiscal Year (FY) 2023 that would target $8.732 billion in federal funding for homelessness assistance programs

Then i googled how many USA homeless.
The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) counted around 582,000 Americans experiencing homelessness in 2022.
California is in the lead with over 160,000 homeless.

So if the money was just given to the homeless that would be 15,000 per person.

Now I wanted to know how much foreign aid was given out.
And how much given to VA.
Each year federal agencies receive funding from Congress, known as budgetary resources . In FY 2023, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) had $382.38 Billion distributed among its 3 sub-components. Agencies spend available budgetary resources by making financial promises called obligations .

60.4 Billion from the USA to foreign aid so far for 2023 is what i googled.

Just How Much Aid Has the U.S. Sent to Ukraine?
Bilateral aid to Ukraine between January 24, 2022, and July 31, 2023
76.8 billion.
Aid has primarily been provided through appropriations bills. This chart only covers aid to Ukraine and so does not include all U.S. spending related to the war.

Break down here.
https://www.cfr.org/article/how-much-aid-has-us-sent-ukraine-here-are-six-charts
Dang numbers.

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
money will be worthless next year...candy wrappers....

all based on trillions ...on a worthless paper promise that will never be honored ....

....be warned

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would guess that funding homeless would be an incentive for others to do likewise. Think of it, no bills, no income tax, free meals (sometimes) and if you had any retirement checks coming in, they'd go right into savings! (f course one would pay taxes on the retirement checks). And if you could panhandle on street corners you could amass a lot of money within a few days. Ah heck, it would still be stressful.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember people, Biden says bidenomics is working
IMG_0934.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom