CZ 75 ammo compatabilty questions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preokc

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a cz 75 and as ive read it shoots flawless with brass cased ammo but when shooting blazer aluminium cased ammo it jams. That is exactly what i experianced the one and only time i shot the pistol. I had a few old rounds of Blazzer aluminiun cased ammo and it jammed everytime with it.

My question is this, Ive bought some hornady defense ammo and the cases are chrome plated( maybe nickel not sure). Just wondering if the gun works well with this ammo or not? At a buck a round i hate to run a mag through it just to find out. Any help is much appreciated!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've run all types of ammo through my pre-B CZ-75 over the last 20 years....it ate it all.

Despite the expense, you simply can't avoid test firing whatever round you plan to use for defense. Do you really want the first time you use that ammo to be the time you need it most?

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I
Despite the expense, you simply can't avoid test firing whatever round you plan to use for defense. Do you really want the first time you use that ammo to be the time you need it most?

This.

You need to run a lot more than a mag of your SD ammo though it before you have to under duress.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My CZs never had any problems with nickel plated brass (the silvery cases on factory Gold Dots, Golden Sabers, etc.). They did have the common problem feeding and ejecting aluminum cases like Blazer. I never worried about nickel plated brass ammo.

Still, you should fire at least a couple of boxes of the ammo in question through your pistol to be sure. More if you can afford it.

hilton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CZ uses Sellier & Bellot as their factory test ammo, might give that a try! It's fairly inexpensive and I have had good results with it...

daytown

New to the site!
Reaction score
My CZ 2075 has had 250 rnds. fmj run through it without a single missfire. A super hand gun and very accurate, great for concealed carry and my CROSS BREED HOLSTER carries and conceals it super.

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stick to the brass or nickel plated brass cases. A fellow shooter shoots the 9mm wolf steel cased ammmo. The first time I tried using steel cased ammo it caused feeding problems.
I believe the Speer gold Dots are nickel p[lated brass cases not aluminum. The nickel plated cases are shiny while the aluminum cases are dull.

Latest posts

Top Bottom