Dating Someone Anti-Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About a year ago I met a blind date lady for lunch. As I was opening the door for her she bumped my 1911 IWB at 3 o'clock. She froze, "What is that, are you carrying a gun?" in a fairly loud voice. Quickly I quietly said to her "Yes, and I am legal to carry it", lets go in and eat. I tried to get across to her that it was legal to carry in Okla with a license which I had and most likely others sitting with us around the room here were carrying also like me. She had a hard time finishing her meal.

Needless to say, I did not invite her home, or any place else. Ha Ha

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About a year ago I met a blind date lady for lunch. As I was opening the door for her she bumped my 1911 IWB at 3 o'clock. She froze, "What is that, are you carrying a gun?" in a fairly loud voice. Quickly I quietly said to her "Yes, and I am legal to carry it", lets go in and eat. I tried to get across to her that it was legal to carry in Okla with a license which I had and most likely others sitting with us around the room here were carrying also like me. She had a hard time finishing her meal.

Some don't agree with our position on the 2A. Best to move on as you did.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Strange that they don’t like the idea of someone carrying a gun, but hang around long enough to get that free food.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was stationed in Utah when i first married. Hadn't been back home since being in Korea so the first time I went back to introduce the new bride to the family, I picked up a couple rifles and shotguns and a pistol. I didn't think anything of it, wrapped in blankets, slipped behind the seat of the truck and off we went back to Utah.

Upon arrival, I unload our luggage and the guns from the truck and into the apartment we rented. As I unwrap the long guns from the blanket, in walks the bride who immediately freaked out a bit. "I AM NOT STAYING IN THE HOUSE WITH THOSE THINGS. GET THEM OUT OF HERE!!". I tried to calm her and reassure her it was fine (Should mention she was from Korea so personal firearms were a foreign concept to her) but she was having nothing to do with it. Kept stating she couldn't live in a house with guns. I finally relented, picked up the blanket I had one of the rifles wrapped in and handed it to her along with the truck keys. With a blank stare on her face she asks "What's this for?". My response: "The truck is for shelter, the blanket is because I love you and don't want you to freeze but I've been separated from my guns far too long already and they are NOT going anywhere".

I still carry daily as does my son. Although we are no longer married, she has her carry permit and keeps one with her as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom