Daughter got her first pig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So we came down Saturday night with not a lot of time to hunt. Hunt Sunday afternoon and today and then head back north.

I shot about an 80 lb boar out turkey scouting the first afternoon about 530 while she was in the car doing her homework! Go figure. Set her at feeder 1 for the evening hunt while I was quartering pig. I was near feeder 2 so when I got done I snuck over and sure enough big ole sounder underneath. Left them be figuring they’d be back at first light. She of course didn’t see squat at her feeder.

This morning as you well know was quite cold. Got her in stand maybe 20 minutes before feeder went off at 7. By 8 all we had seen was a stack of deer and she was freezing. So off we go for a walk. Figured what the heck maybe will stumble into another one.

Made a huge loop around the property got back to the truck about 11 and planned on heading into to town for lunch. Figured let’s take a quick peek at the feeder. Bingo! The sounder is back. Swing around down wind. Stalked to about 90 yards out. Set up the trigger stick and one pop with the 7mm-08 and were high fiving. Now for the drive home!

i.imgur.com_bs2vSda.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
AWESOME!!
Looks like she shot it in the ear and what is the twisted wire about near the hind end??
Great Job lady!

With that smile on her face I bet she knows it :)
Good job dad!

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surprised I seen it with that big smile you can't take your eyes off. I like to see happy kids.
You did good keep it up.
Paddlefish are running if you wish to put her on a big fish and make more smiles.

Did you guys keep them for food or just eradicate them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom