Dealer Cost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe that's why no one has the popular sig that I want in stock. I just can't imagine they would be that far behind on orders.

For some strange reason, .380 guns and ammo sold like crack during the Post election scare this last year. I honestly can't for the life of me figure out why the hell everyone wanted every single thing made in .380 with such fierce demand. Its still hard to find .380 ammo and 9mm fills the shelves at most places.

SportsWorld in Tulsa usually has them in-stock. Maybe you should move east :D

theishkid

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm heading to tulsa at the end of the month to visit family. I called Sportsworld, Major Malfunction, and Medlock... nobody had them in stock.
I agree I have no idea why everyone gets so hyped up with all this stuff either. But these small .380's make for some awesome pocket pistols.

jacetheace

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got more of the P238's in today and expect a lot more before the weekend. So if anyone is interested, get on it.....they go quick.

Also, I don't know if anyone knew that Sig does have six SKU's for this pistol with varying prices. Just a note to mention.....

foghorn918

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H&H is going to be higher because you are basically buying the gun and recieving a $50 gift card and a free trip to the lanes. So you take the $515-50-15=$450 is presumably what you pay at H&H. It is like going to the movies and using the kiosk to buy tickets and it already having built into the price a coke and popcorn(AMC Quail did this for a while but people complained). H&H knows you are going to spend more money for other items and they build that into there price, give you a gift card and lane pass.

When I bought my XDm 40 at H&H I did not get a trip to the range or a gift card, nada. :cry11:

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should also point out that Sig has a bad habit of forcing stocking dealers to buy a set number of guns per quarter. The bad part is they'll tell the dealer that they can buy whatever they want, but part of their quota will include a minimum number of their guns that people aren't buying.

Once the dealer is saddled with two or three quarters worth of the turd guns, they'll blow a bunch out to major distributors well below what they made the stocking dealer pay for them. Then the dealer has to decide whether they want to take a loss to recoup their operating capital, or hope that uninformed buyers will pay more for one than they could from a dealer that bought them one at a time from a distributor.

It's a sorry way to do business IMO. :(
Yeah, I definitely agree. I read reports a while back of FNH doing the same thing by forcing dealers to accept large shipments of shotguns in order to get a supply of SCAR's. It's sounding like this is becoming more the rule than the exception lately.

I love my 556 and would like a Sig handgun sometime soon, but they are making themselves hard to support as a company lately between this stuff and some of the QC issues. :nono2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom