Dealer Cost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know?..... Try calling Mark at summitgunbroker

just what I was going to post....man has more sig's than I have seen ANYWHERE. cheap shipping, plenty of locals that will transfer it for you for a fair price. If you don't see it on his website, call him, be patient he is moving.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I should also point out that Sig has a bad habit of forcing stocking dealers to buy a set number of guns per quarter. The bad part is they'll tell the dealer that they can buy whatever they want, but part of their quota will include a minimum number of their guns that people aren't buying.

Once the dealer is saddled with two or three quarters worth of the turd guns, they'll blow a bunch out to major distributors well below what they made the stocking dealer pay for them. Then the dealer has to decide whether they want to take a loss to recoup their operating capital, or hope that uninformed buyers will pay more for one than they could from a dealer that bought them one at a time from a distributor.

It's a sorry way to do business IMO. :(

All of your major manufacturers do this. If a dealer declares himself a stocking dealer he will be required to purchase certain firearms for his store above and beyond his regular order. Some like Browning, force dealers to purchase and show high dollar items, which in the long run do nothing but cost the dealer a loss if its something that can't be moved fast. Same thing happens with some of the top distributers, if you want to be on the top of their list you have to take certain firearms above your regular orders.

Yep, a sorry way to do business!!

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have you ever walked into a shop or store and seen the banner that says "KIMBER MASTER DEALER"? Sig has the same thing going, just like most of the other manufactures. Costs some BIG dollars to get it and then you are required to purchase a given amount of product every month or quarter wheather you can sell or not, and sometimes models you know you can't sell at that! Many times, when things are bad, those "MASTER" dealers will sell to the public at about the same cost as a small dealer can buy the same gun from a distributor. And, the companies don't limit the number of "MASTER" dealers so some of them end up cutting each others throats. Like I read earlier in this thread, " I'm glad I'm not trying to make $20 selling a gun!" Used to be things (not just firarms, either) were manufactured because people wanted them. Now, even if the public doesn't, they want to jam it down our throats (because of their bad business decisions).

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For some strange reason, .380 guns and ammo sold like crack during the Post election scare this last year. I honestly can't for the life of me figure out why the hell everyone wanted every single thing made in .380 with such fierce demand. Its still hard to find .380 ammo and 9mm fills the shelves at most places.

SportsWorld in Tulsa usually has them in-stock. Maybe you should move east :D

I wondered the same thing about .380.....I don't get it

RT66

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
H&H is going to be higher because you are basically buying the gun and recieving a $50 gift card and a free trip to the lanes. So you take the $515-50-15=$450 is presumably what you pay at H&H. It is like going to the movies and using the kiosk to buy tickets and it already having built into the price a coke and popcorn(AMC Quail did this for a while but people complained). H&H knows you are going to spend more money for other items and they build that into there price, give you a gift card and lane pass.

I have never got a free anything from them....what do you have to do to get these freebies when making a purchase?

Latest posts

Top Bottom