Decided to get me a ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's time to hang'em up so I needed to downsize to one vehicle for me and one for the wife. Got the wife a beautiful 2023 Nissan Rogue Plaitinum. (It should come with a little guy that hops out at the light to wipe off any dust). Ha. She deserved it.
I, on the other hand, deserve little but needed a single vehicle. I'm a cheap date and just couldn't bring myself to spend New truck prices but fell backward into a great deal and it was a Ford. I've always had Chevy trucks. Not sure why, but I did. I like Ford trucks but always had the smaller ones and when this deal came around, I jumped on it.
2020 low milage Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew 4WD. Lived in a garage plus it's OU Sooners color. Seeing as I'm about to retire, I don't need the tactical Prius (I will miss that car when I sell it), the 2001 Ford ranger 2wd stick shift (small truck), and the Silverado 1500 with 210,000 miles on it. Now just one that will do it all. Great tow capacity on the XLT and runs great.
Heres a pic
XLT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's time to hang'em up so I needed to downsize to one vehicle for me and one for the wife. Got the wife a beautiful 2023 Nissan Rogue Plaitinum. (It should come with a little guy that hops out at the light to wipe off any dust). Ha. She deserved it.
I, on the other hand, deserve little but needed a single vehicle. I'm a cheap date and just couldn't bring myself to spend New truck prices but fell backward into a great deal and it was a Ford. I've always had Chevy trucks. Not sure why, but I did. I like Ford trucks but always had the smaller ones and when this deal came around, I jumped on it.
2020 low milage Ford Ranger XLT Super Crew 4WD. Lived in a garage plus it's OU Sooners color. Seeing as I'm about to retire, I don't need the tactical Prius (I will miss that car when I sell it), the 2001 Ford ranger 2wd stick shift (small truck), and the Silverado 1500 with 210,000 miles on it. Now just one that will do it all. Great tow capacity on the XLT and runs great.
Heres a pic
I drive a ford too. I have had good luck with mine, no problems.
IMG_0702.JPG

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, buddy, congrats on the Ranger. We have a 2021 Ranger XLT (2 dr cab, 2 wd) that we bought new and I love it! I hope everything is well with you, my friend.
I'm so good if I was better there would have to be two of me.....or one of me....maybe half of me....ah heck....a part of me...

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those new body style Rangers are sharp. Congrats!!! :thumb:

I bought my first Ford in 1995 after being a diehard GM man, and they’ve served me really well. My current 2011 F250 is my favorite truck of any I’ve ever had, and it’s got just shy of 210k on it. I’d be very happy if I can drive it another 12 years.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Started buying Ford F-150s in 1992 as my work/travel vehicle when consulting work . Traded for a new one every 4 years or so. Retired with my 2015....that makes 7. Never had an issue with any of them....but usually traded at 100,000-120,000 miles. I will keep the 2015 until it or i die.

Latest posts

Top Bottom