F-250 diesel trucks, ...I need schooling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have owned many as well. Just sold my 7.3 crew cab 4x4 short bed.. Been a mechanic most of my adult life. I respect your opinion, but in my first hand experience I think they are all crap now. None of them will ever live up to the longevity of the 7.3 PSD or the 5.9 12 valve without putting a lot of money into repairs.

Now that part is true. Just as anything else, the more parts and systems, the more there is to go wrong at some point.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 6.0 for 11 or 12 years and I loved it but I spent money on injectors and a HPOP, but never had head gasket issues or anything else. The A/C, starter, radiator were still all original at 260, 000 when I sold it. It was the best truck I ever owned and the most comfortable 1-ton I ever drove. Most of the 6.0 problems were from the EGR stuff and people putting programmer's on them and literally blowing the heads off of them from hot rodding around town with 6" exhausts. Mine was stock except for the EGR delete. I've always like the Cummins motor but I like the Ford truck better. I ended up with a Dodge this time because I got a deal on it, but I'm very happy with how it runs. There completely out of my league now price wise, even the gassers are ridiculous. I doubt I can ever afford a newer truck again.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh it's not opinion at all, it's all fact. You're really going to say that ALL new diesel engines are bad, that every 7.3l leaked oil, and every Dodge fell apart around the engine? It's just simply not true. I've had every diesel that Ford has offered except for the 6.4l. Every one of them had over 300k when I sold them except for the 2012 F350, it's just got 185k on it. Bad is a relative term anyway, what do you consider bad?
Some people would GRIPE and WHINE if you hung them with a new rope!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have owned many as well. Just sold my 7.3 crew cab 4x4 short bed.. Been a mechanic most of my adult life. I respect your opinion, but in my first hand experience I think they are all crap now. None of them will ever live up to the longevity of the 7.3 PSD or the 5.9 12 valve without putting a lot of money into repairs.

This is Truth!

Latest posts

Top Bottom