Deer Fever Venting Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess all of us lives similar lives around this time of year...
I try to vent my anxiousness of the season to my wife, it's a waste of breath...I receive a disgusted look and a semi-rude mumbled comment.
Atleast my 3 year old is excited!

Well...back to the range again, looking for the cure.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not so much anxiousness or a desire to hunt but a desire to put more meat in the deep freeze. I enjoy venison that's why I am muzzle loader hunting this year. Dialed in the smoke pole last friday and I am really impressed.

Thanks again for the hook up to Dustingaunder that rifle is accurate and shoots well.

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently started doing more research of moon phases and it's effects on deer.
Anyone know much about it?

:50cal:

I try to hunt as much as I can during the week or so leading up to the second full moon after the fall equinox. It should be really good around Nov. 15th to Nov. 22nd.
I'm going to try to take that week off!

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1 The fever I have it bad this year. I think its because I wont get into the woods until rifle season. Work has come down hard on me and it looks like this year is gone for me. I luckily have the week of gun season off for 6 months and they cant take that away. Muzzleloader is a wash. I have to work everyday of it. I plan on taking my bow during gun season. I have a week to limit out. If not maybe something the first week of Jan. :nutkick:

2 the moon phases. I think there is something to it. I know for sure hospitals get busier. I think more important is the amount of moonlight. A new moon or an overcast/cloudy night where the moon doesnt show seems to have the deer up and moving more. I hate it when I can walk to my stand without a flashlight because the moon is so bright. If I can see that well imagine how well the deer can see.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Downdeep- You nailed it regarding the full moon phases after the fall equinox. The Sept 23rd full moon was the trigger for the deer breeding season to begin. You must be a follower of Charles Alscheimer's research and books on deer and deer behavior. His books explain their entire life cycle. His books are the most important books in my library on deer behavior. EVERY deer hunter should own several of his books and follow his instructions. You will be light years ahead of everyone else after reading his research. I swear by his research and have for years. It is comforting to be able to predict what will happen and when several years in advance on deer behavior as it relates to moon phases and the autumal equinox. I say again, every student of deer hunting should own several of his books.:urwelcome: Second weekend of ML is going to be REAL exciting.

DownDeep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Downdeep- You nailed it regarding the full moon phases after the fall equinox. The Sept 23rd full moon was the trigger for the deer breeding season to begin. You must be a follower of Charles Alscheimer's research and books on deer and deer behavior. His books explain their entire life cycle.
I like to think of it as Chuck is following my research! JK!
I have been following Charles's research for some time now.
We should see a "mini-rut" leading up to next week, but the main rutting activity will be the few days before the full moon in November. The first weekend in rifle season should be awesome! With that being said though..... Don't be surprised if the bucks are locked down with the does the rest of rifle season with not alot of movement taking place. The weather will have some influence with the dates stated above. If it cools off then it should be good times...... But the mornings will be best if it stays warm.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
feeling it bad. The wife and kiddo leave for Denver tomorrow morning. tomorrow right after work its a rapid trip to fill feeders in Amber and do a double check on the ML I have borrowed.

Saturday its off to Duncan for an uninterupted day of hunting. Then I have to reign it back in till Nov 20

Latest posts

Top Bottom