Deer Processing??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrsdeerhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We live in Creek County. Use to we always used Paul's Fine Meats in Sapulpa to have our deer processed. He closed up shop a couple years back & so we are always on the look out for a good processor.

Any suggestions guys & gals? I'd like to make a few phone calls and make sure that we have a place to turn in our deer if we get lucky tomorrow or Friday.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Mrsdeerhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally haven't used em but the bethels here in bristow process deer, and there's a place out in Welty too.

We've used the Welty guy before. Also Pully & Shorty. But I thought Shorty was suppose to close up shop so I'm not sure he will be working this season. I've not heard of Bethels. Will it be in the phone book?

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing you need to know about Seigi's, all the venision they grind goes into one big vat, so the ground meat you get back won't be what you brought in (I asked last year).

Supposedly, the steaks and roasts you get are from your deer, but who knows where the ground meat has been?? I am VERY particular about how I take care of my deer meat and I'm not thrilled with getting meat back that may not have been cared for properly. When I want to fill the freezer, I'll wait until I can shoot a mature doe in the neck or head, I then gut and pack the cavity with ice ASAP so I'll have the best quality of meat possible. With Seigi's process, I may take in premium venision and get back meat from a gutshot buck in rut that has laid in the back of someone's pickup half a day without proper care. No thanks!

I used Paul's in Sapulpa for many years and was very satisfied, have used Seigi's for the last 2 years. Since I found out about the ground meat situation I'm looking for a new processor or I'll go back to doing it myself.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That communal hamburger thing should be an absolute deal-breaker.
Some people do not know how to handle a deer in the field.
It's why so many people think that venison tastes skunky.

Latest posts

Top Bottom