My Property Taxes - Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If all your properties are fenced, lease out your land for say cattle, hay, honeybees, or something else (hunting) and it'll pay for your property tax.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread got me to talking with some folks that live in Osage County. Apparently if both primary owners are over 65 years old, the homeowners can apply to freeze yearly property tax assessment at current levels. It will be stuck at the year that BOTH owners go over 65.
We had a talk with our assessor's office today. They are sending the paperwork for us to fill out. They won't send it if one doesn't ask for it.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread got me to talking with some folks that live in Osage County. Apparently if both primary owners are over 65 years old, the homeowners can apply to freeze yearly property tax assessment at current levels. It will be stuck at the year that BOTH owners go over 65.
We had a talk with our assessor's office today. They are sending the paperwork for us to fill out. They won't send it if one doesn't ask for it.
It's income dependent.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa County Senior Valuation Limitation locks in the Taxable Fair Cash Valuation but does not freeze taxes.

The county also has a fairly low household qualifying income of $85,400. Between my wife's meager income from her job, our combined SS income and investment income, we easily exceed that.

It does not need to be applied for yearly.

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa County Senior Valuation Limitation locks in the Taxable Fair Cash Valuation but does not freeze taxes.

The county also has a fairly low household qualifying income of $85,400. Between my wife's meager income from her job, our combined SS income and investment income, we easily exceed that.

It does not need to be applied for yearly.
If you exceed that you don’t qualify.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
True, but typically the landowner pays the beekeeper
Around my location, the beekeeper pays the landowner in a quart or so of honey every so often. Not many keepers around here. Mostly hobby bee keepers.
I know of two. One had a trap on our place last summer trying to gather a hive, but wasn't successful. He put a hive on a buddy's place that is producing well. Probably because there is a garden nursery across the street.

Latest posts

Top Bottom