Deer Season - I've got the itch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't even get into some of my stand spots due to high weeds, brush, new undergrowth, cant get a tractor in there either, I tried yesterday but all the rain this year caused a pretty deep gully/washout, its only a few feet wide but 3 feet deep, I didn't feel comfortable trying it. Gonna use the front end loader next time and see if I can level it out. Im not as excited yet about this season as I have been for past years, not seeing many good bucks on camera may have something to do with it. October 1, Ill be ready to go Im sure

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just like every season since the first in 1980, I'm getting as excited as a kid in a candy store. Somehow, it never goes away.

Me too! Even though we haven't seen many deer the last two years in our drought laden area. 3" of precip so far this year. I get excited for the hunt, but they just aren't there in these conditions. Guess I might have to hunt up in your neck of the woods. I still have a lease on the Bois D'Arc south of the landfill, but my BiL has been hitting hogs there all summer. Hope they haven't chased the venison out yet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Me too! Even though we haven't seen many deer the last two years in our drought laden area. 3" of precip so far this year. I get excited for the hunt, but they just aren't there in these conditions. Guess I might have to hunt up in your neck of the woods. I still have a lease on the Bois D'Arc south of the landfill, but my BiL has been hitting hogs there all summer. Hope they haven't chased the venison out yet.

Dude, that is where DEER WOMAN lives!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom