deer stand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll respect your decision to do what you did in the area where you hunt.

One thing you need to remember is that lots of folks that hunt from these, can't shimmy up a tree and sit on a 2X4 for hours on end.
they have a problem even walking to them.
They are handicapped
They have an area to hunt, where there are no trees, and there is no possibility to "stalk" or "still hunt". (My area)

They have young kids that they want to introduce into the hunting community, that can't hold still.
I can post more reasons to have a nice box blind, but that might be enough??
Hunt what you have, and do it the way you prefer, but don't be a judge of what others hunt from unless you have seen their area, and know their situation.

Thank You Dennishoddy

Thanks for the compliments from the others too.

trickydick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That ain't a stand, thats a cabin on stilts. Can't really see how "hunting" out of that could be fun but to each their own I guess. I watched some woman on the Pursuit Channel kill a deer out of one of those the other day, just about boiled my blood that they still called it hunting. Killing, maybe...But definately not hunting. Might as well stay at home and use one of those cyber hunting websites. And over a feeder? Yep, definately not hunting.

Guess I was just brought up different, my dad would kick my tail end and call me a wuss if I ever tried to build him one of those things, especially with the mild weather we get around here. Most of rifle season last year I couldn't wear much more than a camo shirt and pants without sweating, even when I walked to my spot at 5:30 in the morning. Most I wore was a light camo hoodie the last couple of days.

Just my .02 cents. Don't get too mad about what i'm saying, it's just my opinion and everyones gonna do what they want anyways. It's a nice lookin' shack, i'll give you that.

Some folks would call ya a wuss for using the word "hoodie":nutkick:

thehunted

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its set up and ready to go. I am looking to get a little buddy heater. My niece will be 3 in Feb, so she is a little young, but in a year or two...

Thinking on the left hand (west) side, less interference from the trees. Urinal on the east wall. Maybe a toaster oven and futon as well.

I hear you there. Hopefully the hard work will pay off. I nestled a 16 foot trailer and crew cab truck against on cedar tree to roll this off of the trailer using some pipe rollers.

This was discussed, double pane windows was one option. Another is a wax the windows good, and while holding cardboard up to cover the glass, apply a spray silicone wax in the window track to repel the moisture and when the moisture freezes it won't stick the window track. I am going to give the latter a try because I didn't want to spend almost 800 bucks for 4 windows.

I don't have a wife yet, but if I can find a date that will go hunting with me, I might have a wife soon. LOL
I told Dad if I had more time, to build another I would have left this on the trailer and put a for sale sign on it.

Another alternative to freezing sliding track windows is going with a hinge style of window. No panes therefor freezing in a window track. One solid window that swings up and out of place, also allowing you access to the entire opening.

http://www.deerviewwindows.com/deerstandwindowsdoor/hingewindow.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom