Defund the police/pro-looter policies taking toll on box store’s bottom lines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't understand economics very well. The flash mobs hitting stores in San Francisco hurt the folks in Edmond, Bethany and Yukon.

And that is just the economic part. They are hurting the fabric of American culture as well.

Exactly. Just like a storm that causes a lot of damage in OK affects insurance rates everywhere else. We don't live in a vacuum.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just glanced at the yahoo headline. This is what drives me crazy about the left. ANY amount of crime is unacceptable. Why do they have to let it get to third world country status before they say “well we need to reign this in a little”. These people are dumb and evil
their is an actual policy... i cant remember it'e name... where they create opportunity zones and invite all of these types of policy that drives down economic values,property values and drives businesses away then residential private property values fail. then they swoop in purchase all of this at a discount just before they change policy clean it all up and start all over again raising property values etc.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
their is an actual policy... i cant remember it'e name... where they create opportunity zones and invite all of these types of policy that drives down economic values,property values and drives businesses away then residential private property values fail. then they swoop in purchase all of this at a discount just before they change policy clean it all up and start all over again raising property values etc.
Sounds pretty similar to blockbusting. Back in the 60s realtors would get black folks to move into white neighborhoods, convincing the black families that everything is alright. White folks would have a fit, and many would leave, selling property to the the broker for cheap. This would drive down property values, the realtor/collection of realtors would buy up the neighborhood, and resell the homes at a huge profit the the black folks or whoever they convinced to move in.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It's similar to gentrification. More affluent people purchase properties, renew them, upscale type businesses start to move in...pretty soon the people that live there can't afford it any longer. The lower income people are then forced to move into less desirable neighborhoods.

I don't think it's a policy that's put in place...it's just more of a trend for certain areas.

ifishok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One trend I’ve seen in Maryland is teenagers riding dirt bikes on the city streets with no regard for the law, and I seen it here in Oklahoma just the other day. I’m pretty sure dirt bikes are not legally allowed to be used on public streets. But, I could be wrong.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1692976123568.jpeg

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I believe professional politicians want this country to be a third world country, the corruption, the cheating and putting good people in jail while the guilty run free. Just look at all the big cities, they are poop holes and only getting worse. Heck I saw a story where Chicago leaders want gang members to do their shooting between 9pm to 9am.
Chicago Alderman backs proposal to try to minimize gun violence
The more corrupt and crime-ridden the country is, the more opportunities there are for corrupt politicians to make money off the books. Just sayin...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. Just like a storm that causes a lot of damage in OK affects insurance rates everywhere else. We don't live in a vacuum.

This happened some years ago, but the wife was looking at insurance rates and was told by our insurance broker that while we were living in our RV, we would have cheaper rates if we were actually out traveling instead of sitting in one place in OKC. Largely, it cost more to be static RV'ers rather than traveling because of the tornado situation in OK.

Latest posts

Top Bottom